Asset clean up & P&B's missing assets, unwanted routes

rick1958

Ok, thought I'd kill three birds with one stone and see if there are any answers to any...
1. Clean up... In '19,is there a way to filter out all completely unused assets for deletion, like stuff inherited from past downloaded routes? If not, that would be a very useful tool.
2. Again in '19, is there any way to remove all the unwanted routes in yellow across the start up screen. I know this was asked long ago, but didn't know if any one found a cure. I, like everyone else for years, have paid good money for all my Trainz versions and download tickets. It's fine to offer these routes, but I shouldn't be forced to look at them forever.
3. Probably a big cause for question "1" (LOL) out of boredom I finally got around to installing AP's P&B. Installed in TANE build...766, I still have 76 missing assets which apparently aren't on the DLS:(. Am I missing a content pack? I know there is a rolling stock payware pack. Are there also additional assets in this pack?

I just realized I put this in the '19 folder and "3" is actually for TANE, but the first two are more important to me, although I'd like to see a fully installed P&B

Last edited:
In '19,is there a way to filter out all completely unused assets

There is no tool for that, but you can create yours:

• Open CM on default filter (i.e "Installed"), highlight any asset in the list, select all items (Ctrl+A), right-click and choose "List Dependencies Recursively"
• At the top of the new window that just opened, click anywhere in "Asset KUID" field, select all (Ctrl+A) then copy (Ctrl+C) the list
• Create a new filter as follows:
Installed > True
Built-in > False
AND NOT
Asset KUID
• In "Asset KUID" field, paste (Ctrl+V) the list you previously copied

CM now displays ALL assets that have no dependant, i.e. not used by any other asset. You'll have to add some additional filters ("AND NOT" "Category") to hide routes, consists or any other assets you don't want to be displayed.

is there any way to remove all the unwanted routes in yellow across the start up screen.

Hover any unwanted route to see its KUID, say <kuid:123:456>. Select any asset that is not a route (or create your own), open it in Explorer, copy the folder anywhere else and revert to original. Then go to where you copied the edited asset, open the config file, modify the KUID to <kuid2:123:456:1> and import the folder via CM. It works with T:ANE, it should work with TRS19 too.

Am I missing a content pack? I know there is a rolling stock payware pack. Are there also additional assets in this pack?

No. Did you go to the bottom of the route's page? There are links for two packs: Buildings (94 assets) and Scenery (102 assets).

Thanks a lot! Good information here. I'll have to give each a try. As far as the P&B, I downloaded it from JR's site which didn't offer the two you mentioned. I'll check that out also.

As far as the P&B, I downloaded it from JR's site which didn't offer the two you mentioned. I'll check that out also.

Just checked, both links are still available at JR's:

wRvW9.jpg

The route works fine in TRS2019 except for the TRC crossings which are now broken. It's a nice route that's fun to play with, modify, and create your own sessions for. I even merged it into another route I was building at one point until I lost it due to a data corruption issue.

Now I'm really confused... Over at JR's I looked again under, Routes, Freeware and Dependencies...and the route is there but I don't see the two dependency packs. Any pointers?

It says above it is a payware dependency pack. They do that sometimes. You may have to look under payware dependencies.

If you purchased the route, then check your downloads. You can redownload anything again at anytime.

Ok...Thanks HPL! Got 'em. Never would have found them without your screenshot. It must be something to do with my monitor resolution, because I had to zoom WAY out to even see them on the screen. At which point they were too small to read, but thanks to your screenshot, I knew what they were...Thanks again!

Maybe it has something to do with the new look of JR's site: on most of pages it now takes up to one or two minutes for scrolling to be active (it was immediate in previous version).

It cured all the missing assists but 17. One day I might track them down. I was really more curious about the route then anything...thanks again for the help

Last edited:
Back