replacing unknown assets?

STLSF4003

I've got a route that's missing one asset which I believe is a tree due to it being scattered across the map in groups.

Now I've got a tree lined up to replace it but given there's just so many around the map, it would take a while to replace them all one by one.

So is there a way to replace them all in one go?

What I did in the past is open the replacement tree and add the obsolete table for the missing kuid. Do a couple of open routes and then save with a delete missing assets. Now restore the replacement tree and remove the obsolete kuid. You should have the new tree installed on the route.

The old obsolete-table method no longer works.

If it's a tree, I would just run the delete missing assets and be done with it.

What kuid are you missing anyway?

It still works with the kuid2 assets in TRS19 SP2 I just checked and it's still there.

With Dave Snow's Alma Valley Route I tried to clone a similar tree to the same KUID. It worked - after a fashion - the new trees showed up, but everything was so unstable I could not even think about placing any rolling stock down and trying to drive it. Instant CTD every time. I then tried using a tree that was much smaller, file-size wise, but no difference. I finally just deleted the missing asset and all was fine. He had enough trees it wasn't that noticeable.

Here's the AWOL kuid: <kuid:661281:75015>

The route in question is the Rosco, Snyder & Pacific

<kuid:661281:75015> Tree Broadleaf 06 Darker Shows as built-in in my version but is part of the DLC <kuid2:154322:100063:19> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE

Back