Textures Take On Wrong Colour at a Distance

rjbradley

I've been texturing some hillsides on my route with one of the built-in ground textures PBR Cliffs 14 which produces the dark grey-purple color in this screenshot:

Pic1.jpg

However when I moved back to take in the whole scene, I am greeted with this:

Pic2.jpg

The texture has completely changed colour and looks awful. So I tried this again on a different route and got the same result. This time I placed a ruler and measured from the point that the texture abruptly changes colour and it happens at about 5200 feet from the camera. The colour change seems consistent at that distance.
Is it a texture problem or something else?

By the way I changed shader quality from lowest to highest setting as well as texture detail and the result is the same.

Last edited:
With your 2nd screenshot of showing the textures being weird when not in that area, N3V removed the optional to have the textures be streamed in SP2 and now you are forced to accept the new texture stream whether you like it or not (as in SP1 as you probably recall, it was a checkbox whether you wanted it on or not).
The work around with this stupid texture bug is, you must upgrade your baseboards from 10m to 5m. To do this, you would go to the add new baseboard, and using the drop down, change it from 10m to 5m, and then click on an existing baseboard to upgrade it. That'll resolve this since it only affects the 10 baseboards (for now, until N3V breaks that as well). Of course the textures will have to be redone unless you dont mind having Minecraft textures..

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up hiawathrm. I gave it a try and it does indeed fix the problem. I'm not sure I want to follow through and change all of the potential baseboards that could have this problem in a very visible way. I suspect that the route would probably more than double in size by doing so. Has N3V indicated whether there is any fix in the works?

Yes, it will take more resources if the route is converted to 5m.
From the last time I've reported this, Tony said that the issue will be fixed, as its part of their terrain updatem and only Trainz + holders will get the update while non-Trainz + will get it either in another SP, or more likely in a new Trainz game...

Cheers

Even in their own Kickstarter II route. The ONLY time you can get ANY textures on the far hills is straight-up noon. The rest of the time both ways the mountains are white until they turn black at night. Horrible.

Thank you for good information,

I had experienced this many times and thought maybe it was the Drawing distance setting, apparently not.....:eek: Or thought my NVidia Graphics card was not keeping up.........:hehe:

Lets hope this Bug will be resolved in the Future.........:wave:

:eek:I have the same issue with the Draw Distances,
and changing the Squares from 10m to 5m causes some weird looking issues.
I have the Steam Client Version, and it got Hammered with the Sp2 update and I lost my draw Distances also.
My Draw Distance Slider is set to Max, it is a real bummer to lose the Ground Beauty Textures with this Sp2 Update.
Tony and Zec are aware of this issue, and have acknowledged it and have told me that they will get to it as soon as they can.
I temporarily have moved on to other things until this issue is Patched.:mop:

Update!
The latest Trainz Plus Platinum Update has help a small bit with this issue, and I had no Performance hit issues with this increase.
I have noticed that the Ground Beauty Textures now go a little bit farther away than they did before this latest Platinum Trainz Plus Update.
I wish that they would increase it even more for a better looking Map with near Mountain Ranges.
Cheers!:)

Last edited:
Back