CTD on viewing Disabled Assets

hutten

Hello,

This may have been posted before, I could not find it.
Very elegant behaviour... which may result in work lost and time lost (DBR).

Regards,
Paul

Sad but true Paul,
also CM can show an asset as not faulty (while right click view errors will show errors)
viewing it then leads to an immediate CTD
Followed phils tip
Reinstalled the original TRS2019 just to work on content
Content creation is hard enough as it is, no need for CTDs...
greetings GM

Hello G.M.,

Yes, today I also experienced the other bug, faults not immediately indicated in CM Status, while they do show with View Errors. Incredible that this behaviour has not been caught by testing. It is nothing obscure.
I have kept my whole 4.6 installation as a backup on an old-fashioned disk, of course. And it still works directly from the backup, albeit slow. it is a straight copy.

Vriendelijke groet,
Paul

so i gave SP2 CM another try yesterday, worked on:

Set Driver Condition Rule, it has scripts, html and pics
edit script, it is direct, works, edit html it works
edit the pics, changes only show after submit, complete close TRS2019 and restart it
NOT usefull for content creation

Engine file for an 8 part EMU, sometimes when you edit, you see change
sometime you only see change when totally removing the train and place it again
NOT usefull for content creation

These are probably all cache issues, wish there was an option to (temp)disable cache
I sooooo long for the TRS2004, dos dirs lol, edit was direct it was fun.
greetings GM

Hello G.M.

Yes, caching is a problem. I also find that submitting does not always lead to change. It may result in CTD when starting Driver.
I found that deleting / installing is safer. What seems to work well in many cases is View Errors and Warning after submitting; it forces a (re)compilation, which does not always seem to happen if you just submit.
What you see in Surveyor is strongly hindered by the Unified Driver Surveyor feature, unless you have Platinum or Plus. N3V policy.

Regards,
Paul

Back