Cannot get lights or bells working on my TRC crossings!!!

Harold-James

I'm kind of new to this game (just over a year) or any similar games and has been challenging to figure things out!! I have successfully figured out most things but making the crossings fully operational has to be the most irritating!! The crossing with arms work the way I set them up but no lights or bells, even changed settings for these, no luck!! Spent considerable amount of time on this issue, but less time getting ATLAS crossing working even watched many video tutorials on this, zero luck!!! Current game built:110391 Is some of the components outdated? Crossings on the installed routes work, even tried to examine their setup to help me. I need a better computer for performance but can't see that a factor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

All ATLS assets need to be named and each one has to be different. With ATLS you can save the set up to the route rather than the session. All you do is copy the blue code you see in the top left to be the name of the asset. Where two names are the same, like in triggers, you have to add in brackets a different letter to each one. ATLS2[0,1,2] ATLS2[0,1,2](a) ATLS2[0,1,2](b) and so on.

The creator has all the information on his site http://www.boatztrainz.co.uk/

Thanks for your assistance, but still unsuccessful....

Use this video for basics:

Trainz Tutorial: Basic TRC Crossing Setup - YouTube

Once you understand how to set them up you won't want to go back to ATLS.....

I have seen this video and others many times and they have been helpful!! On my crossing setup all the assets are detected in properties and the crossing appears to work like they should (the arms open/close) but no lights or bells. Even changing those settings does nothing!! Faulty assets or wrong or outdated ones? Thanks again for your help!!

***UPDATE***

I'm kind of new to this game (just over a year) or any similar games and has been challenging to figure things out!! I have successfully figured out most things but making the crossings fully operational has to be the most irritating!! The crossing with arms work the way I set them up but no lights or bells, even changed settings for these, no luck!! Spent considerable amount of time on this issue, but less time getting ATLAS crossing working even watched many video tutorials on this, zero luck!!! Current game built:110391 Is some of the components outdated? Crossings on the installed routes work, even tried to examine their setup to help me. I need a better computer for performance but can't see that a factor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!![/QUOT

***UPDATE*** Shortly after my posted issue on crossing lights and bells not working I was able to get new crossings from the DLS (TRC crossings) and everything worked!! Quite frustrating that none of the installed crossings would work for me, but glad that they are now!! Thanks to all for all the help!!

I'm kind of new to this game (just over a year) or any similar games and has been challenging to figure things out!! I have successfully figured out most things but making the crossings fully operational has to be the most irritating!! The crossing with arms work the way I set them up but no lights or bells, even changed settings for these, no luck!! Spent considerable amount of time on this issue, but less time getting ATLAS crossing working even watched many video tutorials on this, zero luck!!! Current game built:110391 Is some of the components outdated? Crossings on the installed routes work, even tried to examine their setup to help me. I need a better computer for performance but can't see that a factor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!![/QUOT

***UPDATE*** Shortly after my posted issue on crossing lights and bells not working I was able to get new crossings from the DLS (TRC crossings) and everything worked!! Quite frustrating that none of the installed crossings would work for me, but glad that they are now!! Thanks to all for all the help!!

That's because you posted here what was going wrong. ;)

Just as info. I have some Tane routes that I tried in TRS-19 and the TRC crossing didn't work. They were fine in Tane but not TRS-19. What I found was that the lights/gates had lost their "connection" to the triggers. For each signal I deleted it's name and re-entered exactly as it was. The connections "took" then and the crossing worked. But I now live a simpler life. I just run Tane routes in tane and TRS-19 in TRS-19 and life is a lot simpler.

Info only in case you try some tane routes in '19.

Just as info. I have some Tane routes that I tried in TRS-19 and the TRC crossing didn't work. They were fine in Tane but not TRS-19. What I found was that the lights/gates had lost their "connection" to the triggers. For each signal I deleted it's name and re-entered exactly as it was. The connections "took" then and the crossing worked. But I now live a simpler life. I just run Tane routes in tane and TRS-19 in TRS-19 and life is a lot simpler.

Info only in case you try some tane routes in '19.

Thanks for the info!!!

Back