Flag Pole, Flag Half-mast?

jeff1959

A dear friend who was a model railroader passed away recently. I want to make a scene to pay my respects. He was retired colonel in the army. I am trying to find a way to fly a flag at half mast.

If I could find a empty flag pole, I could take another flag and height adjust it. I know his family would appreciate the gesture.

I'm thinking using one of MSGSapper's vehicle on a platform, with the US flag and armed services flags in front at half mast. I took the idea from our local American Legion. Just need a way to fly the flags properly.

A dear friend who was a model railroader passed away recently. I want to make a scene to pay my respects. He was retired colonel in the army. I am trying to find a way to fly a flag at half mast.

If I could find a empty flag pole, I could take another flag and height adjust it. I know his family would appreciate the gesture.

I'm thinking using one of MSGSapper's vehicle on a platform, with the US flag and armed services flags in front at half mast. I took the idea from our local American Legion. Just need a way to fly the flags properly.

Thank you for your effort. I hope you can find the necessary pieces. Please remember that "half-mast" should be more like 2/3-mast or slightly higher.

:B~)
Adjutant,
American Legion Post 40 Ballard-Cochran

Thank you for the information. I finished the scene by overlaying the pole over the flag and adjusting the height. I think it turned out acceptable.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Wow, that's a great thing you did for your friend. Died at 63 ? So young. Sorry for your loss , especially being a patriot. Thanks to your deceased friend for his service.

Back