New Patches and the Disappearing Consists Problem

torino72

Does anyone know what fixes were in these two patches (2d paragraph below)? I read the N3V link and all it said basically was that there were "many" fixes. Did either fix the disappearing consist problem noted below in the last paragraph? If not, does/would the situation I noted in the last paragraph be a possible cause of the disappearing consist issue? I'm holding off on installing either of the patches after having to restore my TRS19 from a backup after my last attempt.

I have TRS19 the North American Version, Build 105096. I have not started TRS19 since October and it was running fine then. When I started Content Manager today (11Jan21) It flashed a message that I have two updates. I ran the first and it completed, changing my Build from 105096 to 105100. The second was supposed to change the build from 105100 to 110491 but it failed with the message "Patch Not Viable. Checksum Mismatch on: C:\Auran\TRS19\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\resources\builtin\46472d\content\KUID2 348207 100158 1.tzarc."

One final comment. I have used TRS19 very little since mid-2020 because of the disappearing consist problem reported a year or so ago. I have not seen anything that indicated this has been diagnosed or corrected. In my case, the disappearing consists were comprised mostly of Build 3.3 (TS2010) content that I moved over to TRS19. These kuids still use the IM files. I don't know if the IM files or lower build numbers have anything to do with the disappearing consists but I though I'd mention that. Unless or until that problem is resolved I see no reason to continue using TRS19. In my case I run sessions and save them and come back later and run some more and save again. Less say I have saved 10 times with 10 separate sessions. When I open session 10 and find my consist out in a field somewhere looking like it was stomped into the ground vertically by the Jolly Green Giant I am not happy. I go back to an earlier session and find my consist is missing there as well all the way back to and including the original session. All I can do is delete all saved sessions, edit the original session, and start over. I cannot trust TRS19.

i managed to get the sp2 installed and it has all but shut the game down. for the time being you might be better off not utilizing the sp2. i started a thread in the 2019 forum and there are a few of us who either can't use the game or is they can it is with problems. if your game is working with sp1(105100) i would wait until nv3 sorts out the problem with sp2

Back