Yellow warning assets - STILL showing s faulty -TRS2019 Content Manager

ricomon35

SceneWright
So.

I have a very large quantity of DLS and 3rd party assets of all kinds that refuse to normalize after fixing "Faulty" status.

Choosing "view errors and warnings" after manual repairs, on any given faulty asset, will show any number/type of yellow warning errors, BUT the status STILL shows red faulty in the main CM window.

What the #$%#@! hell is going on with CM now?

Anyone shed light on this issue?

Rico

Last edited:
Presumably you've done the customary DBR and by the sounds of that an EDBR would be needed?

Yes, normal database repair, Not an EDBR, but I am running EDBR as I type. I'll post if that solves these Faulty errors, thanks for the tip.
I had forgotten we could run those.

Rico

If the EDBR doesn't help consider a fresh install. This comment isn't received well by most but a fresh install and fresh downloads of content always solve my problems. You should already have backup of all your own creations and also 3rd party stuff. I personally don't understand the reluctance of people to do this. It doesn't take that long for the install itself and assets can be downloaded/installed as needed.

Admittedly, I may be missing something as I don't create a lot of content. Just a few routes/sessions here and there that I keep as cdp's and my 3rd party stuff is well organized and backed up. There's just been too many problems patching and updating assets from SP1 to SP2 along with Store downloads, file format, etc. A fresh install seems to always make a relatively stable install for me.

If it lists no errors in the view errors warnings window then it's fine. Try opening the asset in a preview window or loading a route that uses it. That will force CM to refresh the assets status and update the display. It's a known issue that the CM listing status doesn't always update properly.

I think I had a similar problem recently and it turned out the asset was not faulty, but one of its dependencies was faulty. So, perhaps check dependencies for errors.

Back