Using "Edit Trains" in Driver -- SP2 update

philskene

Some time ago I made a youtube video showing how freight cars could be loaded and unloaded using Edit Trains. And how locomotives and freight cars could be removed and added. The video was made in T:ANE and the same procedure worked in the original release of TRS19.

Things changed significantly with SP1 and SP2.

I've now updated the video using TRS19 + SP2. See here (1080p / full screen):

When adding a locomotive using Edit Trains it may be necessary to allocate a driver to the locomotive. Sometimes locomotives may not respond to keyboard commands, particularly when using Cab Mode, after using the Edit Trains function. When this occurs, cycle through the driving modes, bottom right of screen. The procedures for adding a driver and cycling through driving modes are shown towards the end of the video.

The layout is "The Port Loleta railroad Co", on the Download Station. The sessions for this layout and for most of my other routes and layouts require the Player, as Load Master in the freight yards, to use the Edit Trains function to load and unload freight cars.

Phil

TY for this nice vid Phil
The route looks very nice
If you make sessions that require users to switch between driver/surveyor,
that means you exclude all users that have standard or regional versions?
ofc TRS2021 (20 year anniversary version) will make that available in all versions.

Personally, I like real shunting more than editting adding vehicles and configure
but hey it is possible now :)

again ty, greetings GM

GM --

I have the bog standard vanilla version of TRS19. I haven't even the four additional routes that come with it but have to be downloaded. The only route I have is Kickstarter. The only assets I have are what comes built-in and what I download from the Download Station.

I do route and session construction in TRS19 without the SPs (though I do test to make sure they still work in SP2).

I do this to give the greatest compatibility. Every TRS19 user in the Universe with any version of TRS19 should be able to use my routes, layouts and sessions without missing dependencies.

" ... real shunting ... ." The Dispatcher is always looking for real men to join Chuck & Joe in operating his railroads. Maybe swing by and get in the cab and try one of the Loleta sessions? One of these:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...l-railroad-quot-The-Port-Loleta-Railroad-quot

Phil

TY for this nice vid Phil
-snip-
If you make sessions that require users to switch between driver/surveyor, that means you exclude all users that have standard or regional versions?
-snip_
Personally, I like real shunting more than editting adding vehicles and configure
but hey it is possible now :)

again ty, greetings GM

Hello. As info. You mis-read Phil's post. [Edit: Apologies - I missed your question mark. You were asking a question and I missed that.] Phil's session's to not limit anyone with any version. He is simply being nice enough to make a video that shows those who don't know how to do certain tasks in SP2 as opposed to SP1. Phils routes and sessions are candidates to be the most compatible and "works all the way to the end" sessions of any. And certainly they are candidates for "most fun" and "most active."

You might give them a try. I am still partial to the TRS19 Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad myself.

Last edited:
mac, you did see the ? at the end of the line?
I even follow Phils example
Just re-installed the original TRS19 Regional Europe build 100240 (the one that brought me back after 11 years)
and will test/develop my assets in that version. (for me the best version of trainz ever (after TRS2004SP2))

The content I make for the dutch people, I also test (and works) in TANE
and I try to keep a working version (often alternate) for dutch people that still use 2009

have fun with Trainz
greetings GM

G.M. - My mistake. I sincerely apologize. I missed the question mark. Forgive the lax reading of your post. My mistake. I thought you were making a statement and not asking a question. So it is I doing the mis-reading. Not you! Editing my post above.

Last edited:
Phil, I see that when I make certain edits to my route using "Edit Route" I get different results than if I enter "Drive Session" and switch to "Surveyor Mode" during the drive session. Do you have any guidance on this subject?

snurf --

I don't like the way this is handled in TRS19 with the Service Patch. I found it much easier in the original TRS19 release.

It's all to do with Layers. There is a route layer and a session layer. (Actually you can have several of each.) If you want to change a route it should be done in the route layer. A session in the session layer. You can mix the two, so that a session is included in the route, for example. But then it can become confusing and hard to untangle.

My suggestion and the process I use, is for route editing:
Open the route, make changes, save and exit.
For sessions:
Select the route, then select new or edit session, make a new session or edit an existing session (adding or changing only locomotives and rolling stock), save and exit.

Phil

Back