No More Traffic

stouthm

Get over it
Just downloaded the latest patch and all seems fine except I now have no traffic on my roads. Went into 'Edit Route' and under 'Region' there is only one selection to choose from (Default Region). Before there were different regions to choose from or put in my selection, '1980s Plus USA', but I cannot do that now. Please point me in the correct direction to fix this. Thanks.

Hi stouthm,

You should have a a few Regions to choose from (in any version)
if not, after you install the patches do:
from Launcher screen, go to the Developer tab and select [Rebuild database]
let it fully run.

After this:
Go to a route in Surveyor, check if you have Regions

Then go to the top menu 2nd icon from left.
Edit menu>>Edit Environment, then click the blueball called Location
make sure on that screen, traffic (car symbol) [Enabled]
save

hope this helps
greetings GM

If yours is similar to my sessions do delete missing assets. I have found that most libraries are not being read by trainz. My EIT shows no towers, a lot of schedules commands cant be placed because they are not listed. After a delete missing assets, they reappear again.

Thanks for replying G. M and stagecoach. I knew all about your suggestions since I've been with this sim for many years and had already tried them but did it again. Even ran a extended database repair with no luck. I still have only the Default Region to choose from. Is there something in the config file that I should change? I'm grasping at straws here.

Good Morning GM. I appreciate all that you're doing for me. I got the route loaded and got some roads on it but like you I think those carz are ugly so I have disabled them. Can you please list the 3 ugly carz that you used so that I don't have enable all of them. Thanks

hi stouthm
so we now see that you have atleast 1 region actually working.(that was the 1st goal)
if you want to see which cars are linked, in CM list dependencies for Region-USA-Stout

What you can do now, find in CM all regions you have installed, go make a custom search
after you found those, for each, list all the dependencies recursively, and check those for errors.
fix the errors or remove the non working carz from the config of that region. (from the carlist and the kuidlist)
other option, search DLS for a region to your liking
example: in the DLS route UMR2021, region Right-Hand Drive DES <kuid2:101046:100236:35>is used
it works here
greetings GM

GM - where to start. I have the region, the cars are enabled, the road is placed and yet I see no cars on the road. I have only 2 Regions selections to choose from: Default Region and Region-Stout-USA. Not sure I understand what you want me to do in CM. If I go into the CM and select Region from the left hand menu I see no regions listed. Would a region to my liking be one of my routes such as Port Tillamook TRS19? You'll have to bear with me as I seem to be having a very large senior moment. I'm completely lost and baffled as to where to go. All I want is to play the sim and work on my routes. I'm sorry I downloaded the patch. If you can explain to me in simple steps what I need to do it would help this 76 year old. Thanks.

They say a picture......
CMregion.jpg
Try to get to here, those that are Built-in you should have in any version of Trainz 2019

GM - I had to step away from this for awhile just to clear my head. I'm in the process of fixing it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for hanging in there with me. Much appreciated.

Well I thought I was almost there. For some reason I cannot get '1980s Plus USA Region' on my menu. Did a dbr but no help. Any suggestions.

In Content manager at the filter (1 on the screeny above), set it on [Faulty]
find "1980s Plus USA" right click on that name and select
[List Dependencies Recursively]
A new window opens and you see the faulty cars.

In another Thread here on forum I described how to fix a car that has no night-mesh for instance
its a lot of work...(that should not have been)
Like you, I just want to build and play :)
but don"t give up !
greetings GM

GM - I know all about your suggestion above but I kept having a problem with one of arraial's cars: car 28 UK-Van_ford_e250s (kuid2:524343:6639:1) so I just deleted it from the config file and I'm good to go. Again, thanks for all your help. Now I'm going to go play.

Back