Loading a game breaks sessions

stumper66

I am running build 110491. I loaded up a session and was playing though. I saved my game at some point.
Then I coupled some cars too hard and broke the coupler which ended my session.

I loaded the savegame I created but now I can't advance the session at all. The last thing it wanted me to do was couple cars then afterwards it sets some junctions and waypoints. However after I couple, nothing happens. It is essentially broken.
Back when TANE was the latest version this was an issue as well. Have they really not fixed this glaring issue in all these years?

If you saved the session just before it broke the couplers, then the saved session will still be setup for coupling. The only thing you can do is to go back to the beginning and start again. This doesn't sound like a bug to me and only a logical conclusion to what occurred.

Given you saved it before the couplers broke it most certainly should load and continue without problems. But then if you have SP2, who knows. Could also depend slightly, on how the session was set up.

I have had no trouble saving a Driver Game in SP2 and later resuming the Game from that point. I have been doing that a great deal these last few weeks in testing my current route and session.

Back