problems with the sp2

EJB

i installed the sp2 patch and cannot use the game.
the ballast has two layers . one is normal the other is above the rails with grid squares and cannot find a way to fix.
i have a grid with rails that i keep al the downloaded rail cars for reference when building consists. the problem i can't add cars since the upgrade.
it takes forever for the routes to load and when they do finally load i cannot get the driver part to work at all.
my question is would it help if i removed the local and reinstalled ? i have backups for this. i have tried the backups that the game generates but no success.
thank you
ernest

What's occurring in-game is the precaching. This is what's taking a long time and preventing you from selecting content. This process can take a long time if you have a lot of assets, but once complete, things will speed up a lot faster next time content is loaded. There is a Trainz util command you can run called prebuild. You open up Developer on the Launcher, and in the Trainz util window that comes up when you click on it, you type in prebuild.

Here's the whole command with other options, but you shouldn't need the other things. You only need to put prebuild in the window.

TrainzUtil prebuild [--force] [--nofail] [--clear] [--check] [<KUID> ..] - Precache all installed content.

But before starting up the program, defragment your hard drive, or TRIM the hard drive if it's an SSD. That will speed up the data loading a lot.

And finally, ensure you have all the latest DLC and content updates. You might want to check for this before running the Trainz util command since there will be more content to download. After downloading, I recommend running a defrag again since there's a lot of content being moved around.

i opened the developer tab and don't see anything to type "prebuild" in. sorry for the delay i returning your answer( grandchildren.
could i in fact delete the local and redo it ? or return to the sp1? maybe a total re-install?
i have this game going for a few months and thought it was running fine. had a blip just before sp2 . after installing sp2 a total collapse
thanx again
ejb

Quote "You open up Developer on the Launcher, and in the Trainz util window that comes up when you click on it, you type in prebuild."
Where? There is no obvious option to type anything. To the OP I presume you've tried rebuilding the database, an absolute must after touching a service pack.

Look for 'Run TrainzUtil Command...' in the Developer menu (Launcher). Click on it to type in the command 'prebuild' to run the precaching utility.
It will take some time if you are not using a fast SSD.

ok i ran the prebuild and run a dbr. while it load a little quicker the ballast over lays are still occurring on the rails. after opening after opening driver (super long wait) the map shows trains running but when clicking on camera i see nothing but white.
i really like 2019 but i spend just about, maybe more time repairing than running trainz. i am considering re-installing. this is disheartening. the game hasn't been run since early december. really discouraging.
maybe nv3 should remember not everybody is a computer genius. computer are not the only way to survive.
i remember when trainz was fun.
thanx again
ejb

Ballast over the tracks? Does this occur in parts or just ballast and no tracks?

If it's in parts, then this is the PBR textures. You can replace that with non-PBR textures and that will fix that problem.

Just seeing white...

Ensure that nothing is open for edit and there are no faulty assets. For open for edit, right-click and choose revert, and for faulty assets, right-click and choose view errors and warnings. This is in Content Manager of course.

I have the same problem. I started a route 6 months ago , i only have track and textures down. I came back a week ago with a fresh install of trains 19 platinum and my parents ballast on my tracks has triangles throughout the whole route with pbr grass next to pbr ballast on track. If I change the pbr grass the triangles go away if I use any textures non pbr. I don't intend to use non pbr grass on my route. I hope there will be a fix for this. I am using a 5700xt I don't know if that's the issue, but I can't get a rtx video card in the u.s anywhere with a reasonable price. I suppose I will stop my route building until this can be addressed.

I stated in another Thread that this problem really started with SP1 being installed , Things started to slow down after updating to SP1 but SP2 has really slowed things up,, its' got to the point where it is not fun anymore,,

Last edited:
So why would anybody now after installing SP2 continue to work / create more on there route with the understanding that it might be a big waste of time, It would be good to get some real answers from N3V on this ??? , considering there flagship Simulator TRS19 is broken,
Could it be a virus ??? Covid19 ,, they have not found a vaccine for a cold within 100 years so why do you think they will find one for this within 12 to 15 months it a dead set joke
We need a vaccine, I thought SP1 & SP2 was the vaccine for TRS -19 but once injected it killed it,, The omen

Last edited:
The triangles with PBR textures is very likely the fact NON PBR textures are also present. As has been stated elsewhere you can't have both types under a spline, so you need to ensure you paint such areas 100% with PBR. Sometimes even then you may get odd shadows at edges. When painting over non PBR textures (such as when you import a route from Tane or earlier) and you get this problem, I found painting with another colour fixes the shadows, then you re-paint with the texture you want. I certainly haven't noticed a slow down with SP1, and am not touching SP2 at this stage.

What happend with SP1 was that in route editor movement around the route became jercky as if it was still loading but yet in sessions and driver for some reason it was fine, Then installing SP2 it is like a CPU or GPU drain it just slowed everything down to the point of taking all settings to the least,,
It was not a major problem in SP1 and i suppose depending on the computer and on the size of the route wether it was noticed or not,, But for me it started with SP1 and now near everybody is having trouble in some way,, Which is not fun anymore , i would make this the number 1 job at N3V to get fixed,

aliwiki i have tried to replace the floating ballast with a non npr ballast and it didn't work for me. i am seriously thinking of re-installing the whole thing and be done with it . without sp2 of course
JCitron do you know if sp2 can be removed without a re-install?
thanks guys for all your help. it seems i'm not alone with this

Last edited:
Using a non- PBR ballast is just asking for trouble, as I said you must have 100% PBR under or near any spline, and track is a spline. I do a massive amount of route building and touch ups, ie importing a route from Tane into TRS19. There is no problem moving around a route, no jerky motions, so that problem probably goes back to pc setup. I use a nVidia GTX 1050Ti which isn't the most powerful video card but works fine for me. The only time it gets jerky is when I run two games at the same time, something I do when creating a session where there are long periods where I don't have to do anything, so I work on a route on the second screen. Someone may want to check their settings, such as insure vertical syn is at half, not full.

my problem causes the triangles when i try to use 2 pbr textures together. i put down pbr ballast, then when i put pbr grass next to the track where the ballast is at ,the triangles show up no matter where i put the grass. the problem goes away when i remove the pbr grass and use non pbr grass next to the pbr ballast. i will just wait until the problem is fixed or a work around on what i need to do.

My videocard is NVidia GTX 1080ti with the latest drivers , ive replace the drivers about 4 time to make sure it was not them,
If it was the videocard or the settings there of then it would more so happen all the time no matter what mode you were in !! but it doesn't, so now we look back at the SPacks

Last edited:
I'm stupid. I figured it out. It seems now that you have to pick your route and you'll find your saved games there. Thanks for the reply though.

Back