Locomotive Modifications

Selby_deleon

I downloaded a locomotive I have been waiting for for a long time. It is a Russian TE114. I really like it except for a couple of things.

1. it requires a certain procedure to get it started and to run it to the point it will lock your breaks while in motion if you don't stay with the procedure. It will not run in DCC mode.

2. It consumes fuel and will shut down when empty.

What do I need to modify to be able to run it in DCC? I am not after all that realism, I just care for the looks. I just want to get in the game and drive around.

Also, what do I need to do to get the rid of the fuel consumption? I don't care about that either. I don't know if I can refuel in this game.

Thanks in advance.

Caveat - I don't have TRS19, so things may have changed. The following is based on my experience with TANE. The characteristics you are interested in modifying are governed by the locomotive's associated "engine spec" asset. In a nutshell, you should be able to swap out the Russian TE114's engine spec for an engine spec that behaves the way you want it to. If you have a locomotive that behaves the pretty much the you want it to with regard to DCC control, starting, stopping, pulling power, acceleration/deceleration etc., you can probably identify that locomotive's engine spec asset by looking at its dependencies in content manager. Once you have identified the engine spec you would like your Russian TE114 to use, you can then open the Russian TE114 for editing, and replace the engine spec assignment in the Russian TE114's config.txt file. You would update the KUID for the "enginespec" entry and on the KUID table. You would then submit your edits to complete the update. I always like to clone the assets I tinker with and then do my editing on the cloned copy. That way, when I screw up I can always re-clone another copy and try again with out messing up the original. Also, by cloning the asset, if the asset's author ever pushes an update to something I've tinkered with, my modifications won't get overwritten by the update. If you're not sure about cloning and config.txt file editing, reply to this thread and I can provide some additional instructions.

Back