DLS asset dependencies?

Chris750

Howdy Folks;

Did a search but couldn't find an answer to this question: when looking at an asset on the DLS (via content manager) how do you see what else is going to be downloaded with the asset? Example: I wanted to download Tb Forest S Bush 01 which showed at 38kb, I right clicked on it and selected "dependants" and nothing showed, so I decided to DL it, well of course now it is downloading four items and one a huge size and without a first class I cancelled it. Is there any way to determine what else is going to be DL'd with the asset you want in CM? Dependencies is greyed out, so that is not an option but would be what I think one would use.

(So in the case of the Tb forest bush, the bush is 38kb but now it is having to DL a library which is huge, no way of knowing that until you start to DL, has to be a way around this?)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Howdy Folks;

Did a search but couldn't find an answer to this question: when looking at an asset on the DLS (via content manager) how do you see what else is going to be downloaded with the asset? Example: I wanted to download Tb Forest S Bush 01 which showed at 38kb, I right clicked on it and selected "dependants" and nothing showed, so I decided to DL it, well of course now it is downloading four items and one a huge size and without a first class I cancelled it. Is there any way to determine what else is going to be DL'd with the asset you want in CM? Dependencies is greyed out, so that is not an option but would be what I think one would use.

(So in the case of the Tb forest bush, the bush is 38kb but now it is having to DL a library which is huge, no way of knowing that until you start to DL, has to be a way around this?)

Thanks.

If you go to the Download Station online, lookup the asset, there is a button that says Download Details. Once clicked it shows a list of dependencies that are clickable and will show the details of each dependency.

I just checked it and the library is 82mb

Last edited:
Libraries can be advantageous if a lot of items use it as they will be tiny in comparison as the meshes and or images used are all in the library.

If you go to the Download Station online, lookup the asset, there is a button that says Download Details. Once clicked it shows a list of dependencies that are clickable and will show the details of each dependency.

I just checked it and the library is 82mb

I always use CM, so there is no way to determine dependencies that way which is too bad, guess I will be forced to go online...

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be nice if they could somehow patch that into CM to give the right-click to DLS as well as installed!

Back