Amtrak Amfleet I Project

I am so sorry for not posting an update in months, just so busy with life and other things, but I’m still working on my Amfleet and currently re-texturing it in Substance!

bandicam_2021-11-19_18-36-36-407.png

I have to say, This is one of the most realistic models I have ever seen in Trainz. What versions of Trainz will these Amfleets work with?

bandicam_2021-11-28_14-52-18-690.png

Coach is in-game but there's still work to be done! I'm still thinking about release plans but rest assured these won't become vaporware. It's just that i've been incredibly busy with school and life in general.

I'm sure he'll give us one when he's got the goods ready. He's probably busy with whatever he's got going on in his life. I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Yeah it's just school and other life stuff getting in the way, I've decided to take a short break from this project, but rest assured i'll figure something out!

Hello everyone, it’s been a while so here’s a quick update of where I’ve been and the future of this project:

I’ve debated on wether or not to shelve this project as I have been steadily losing interest in terms of Trainz and have been increasingly busy, but I feel I should just leave it as is for now.

When starting this, I felt like I was biting off far more than I can chew, and I guess it’s proven right lol.

So for the immediate future, I think I’ll be leaving this to the side for now.

So for the future, I’ll probably end up releasing what I have now. And maybe I can restart this when I’m more ready, but for now, this is what I’m doing. I hope you all understand.

Take your time Ajrod1226 and get away for as long as you need to. Trainz should be fun, not another point of stress. You have been doing marvelous work, but there are other priorities in life. When you feel ready, release what you want to release, and we will all be grateful for the fruits of your skills and talent!

So everyone, I have decided to make an unanimous decision to release what I have now. I know I didn’t get to do exactly everything I wanted with these Amfleets, but I don’t want to keep these coaches vaporware for the community, so as of right now. I’ll tune these up a bit and hopefully get these up within the next 2 weeks!

Hello everyone!

I was going to release what I had now but after overlooking the already-exported Amfleet cars I have, I found multiple scaling issues as well as some other mesh problems since the original mesh/model was from late 2020 and I was kinda a newbie to exporting Trainz content back then. I want to give the community the best I have to offer so I do eventually plan on rebuilding the Amfleets from the ground up. But for the sake of my mental health, i'll be taking a break from the project for now. Hope you all understand!

Indeed, take a break, Ajrod1226. Come back after a breather with a fresh mind. No use in stressing over something that should be a pleasant hobby rather than a frustrating task. Those of us that appreciate what you do would rather have you healthy and happy!

Back