Amtrak Amfleet I Project

Coupler by bentrain14

bandicam_2021-01-18_17-19-43-309.png

Yup! There will be Cab Cars, Metroliners, SPV-2000s, maybe the catenary inspection and observation cars as well as the Michigan Cars

Are the plans to do the full fleet, or just the more popular cars? As an FYI there are a ton of different Amfleet cars:

• Cafe
  • Club
  • Club-Dinette
  • Dinette
  • Dinette-Biz
  • Metroliner Dinette
  • Metroliner Club
  • Dinette-Lounge
  • Cafe-Lounge
  • 84-Seat Coach
  • 60-Seat Coach
  • ADA Coach
  • ADA Biz
  • Metroliner Coach
  • Coach-Sleeper (one-off)
  • Regional Coach
  • Regional Biz

Not to mention, the ones you had, the Amfleet IIs, and maybe a few I missed.

peter

Are the plans to do the full fleet, or just the more popular cars? As an FYI there are a ton of different Amfleet cars:

• Cafe
  • Club
  • Club-Dinette
  • Dinette
  • Dinette-Biz
  • Metroliner Dinette
  • Metroliner Club
  • Dinette-Lounge
  • Cafe-Lounge
  • 84-Seat Coach
  • 60-Seat Coach
  • ADA Coach
  • ADA Biz
  • Metroliner Coach
  • Coach-Sleeper (one-off)
  • Regional Coach
  • Regional Biz

Not to mention, the ones you had, the Amfleet IIs, and maybe a few I missed.

peter

I might do the full fleet in the future, but for now i'm just doing the Amfleet I + Amfleet I cafe as well as the metroliner and SPV variants.

Just parts of the render, not part of the actual coach. Substance tends to do that when rendering

Last edited:
Excellent work, new Amtrak stuff is definitely a need begging to be filled.

Yup, you’ve said it well. Honestly a majority of commuter stuff is a need begging to be fulfilled as well (i.e LIRR, Metro-North, NJT, SEPTA, etc.). And i have some commuter stuff planned after these Amfleets

Yup, you’ve said it well. Honestly a majority of commuter stuff is a need begging to be fulfilled as well (i.e LIRR, Metro-North, NJT, SEPTA, etc.). And i have some commuter stuff planned after these Amfleets

American passenger in general is severely underrepresented in Trainz.

peter

@Chris349 - If I'm remembering correctly, VBG's Aem-7 still holds up to this day, but it's hard to find on the internet.

@Ajrod1226 - All I can say is wow! These look impressive, and I'll be excitedly looking forward to them.

@Ajrod1226: I know this is Trainz, but, your Amfleet One's knock the socks off the ones Dovetail made for Train Sim World: NEC New York. The more Trainz evolves, the more DTG and their content gets knocked to the stone age. lol

Back