Can you run TRS2006 on Windows 10?

Peter749

Having purchased Trainz 2006 when new on disk I decided to reinstall it and everything seems to have installed but I can not get the program to run

Any suggestions please?

Peter

I have run it on one Windows 10 (64Bit) machine recently but not on another both of which are a few years old and below the graphic specification required by T:ANE. Fiddling with Windows compatibility mode etc. made little difference in fact I found it ran better on Linux. If as in my case you are thinking of using a second, perhaps spare machine, and not your main computer, and assuming you have a Windows 10 production key you may be able to download a 32Bit version of Windows from Microsoft and do a fresh install to experiment with. Peter

Think you'll also need to download and install DirectX 9 to get that one to run on WIN10.

Having purchased Trainz 2006 when new on disk I decided to reinstall it and everything seems to have installed but I can not get the program to run

Any suggestions please?

Peter

As said DirectX9c required as DX10,11 & 12 are not fully backwards compatible use this link, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 what it actually does is add the missing bits from DirectX9c, it does not affect your existing DirectX.

Don't have 2006 but I do have the 2006 Demo which I chucked on one of my Win10 PC's last night to see if it worked and it runs surprisingly well in Win10 64bit with everything maxed.

I recently updated an old PC to win 10 - it wouldn't install as 64 bit ( processor was 64 bit, but missing an instruction that win 10 64bit needs).
It also has an nVidia gt 660.
Runs TRS 2060 ok - if I turn all the graphics to low.

As this pc is a bit old, I didn't keep it running - CPU and GPU temperatures were climbing, and there was the occasional crash.
But win 10 should cope...

Colin

Back