No Assigned Location for some drivers

PaulAlex7000

Hello all...

TL;DR: The drivers that I added and assigned to various trains in "edit session" aren't actually assigned in a "drive session." In the Drivers list, it indicates "No assigned location" for those drivers.

I had created another session based off the UMR-TS12-SUMMER Base Session route (I just chose Save As to choose new route and session).

From main menu of game when you launch it, I chose my route, and then I launched the Surveyor by choosing "edit session." From there, I went to the menu bar, went to the item that looked like piece of paper with pen sticking through it, and chose "Edit Session." And from there I chose Drive Setup.

The three default drivers (from the Base Session) were there, which include drivers Sean, Thomas and Kenny. I added/assigned a ton of drivers to my new trains (I added a lot of trains to this humongous route), and gave them commands to proceed to portals, stop at passenger stations, etc.

I saved my session, exited the Surveyor and this time chose "Drive Session." The three default mentioned above were present, and the trains were doing their things. But according to the Drivers list, all of the other drivers I added indicated "no assigned location."

I have no idea why.

I should say that in Edit Session mode, if I right-click on an assigned locomotive of one of the 3 default drivers, and choose View Details, it tells me that Kenny/Thomas/Sean is assigned to that engine. But for the other engines that I added later on, it tells me no such thing (instead of the name of the driver it just says "consist 2439" or whatever number). Even though the Driver Setup rules indicate that these drivers are assigned to the locomotives and have scheduled commands.

Any idea why why I get "No assigned location" in Drive Session mode?

I have verified that my Drive Session session is the same exact session as the one I edited in Edit Session mode.

I realized as a workaround (which does work), I can choose to Drive Session, assign my drivers that way, and then choose to save a new session. I don't want to do it this way because I'm trying to set up a default for future sessions. And I already went to the trouble of scheduling one of my trains to stop at every single passenger station on the route (about 25 stations) and I don't want to set that up again.

Trainz is not picking up on all the saved information. It seems to be racing through its tasks and missing some of the details. Going into driver it races through the driver list and misses some drivers or adds drivers to empty trains in the middle of a consist. The only checked box is the wait until all schedules are completed. If I also check the remove all existing drivers first then only those assigned show up but not always all of them. This seems to be random and reproduced all the time.

Back