cab controls partly broken

hutten

Hello,

Some of my cab controls are more or less broken. The handles and buttons are no longer responsive to a mouse-over under all circumstances. It works within some range, some field of view. Beyond a certain range, depending on the angle of the control and the distance with respect to my point of view, there is no longer a response to the mouse-over on the control. Only when I put the mouse on the axis of rotation, the notches appear and the control reacts. For some of the buttons, which rotate around an angle deeply buried in the control stand, activation is no longer possible.
What has changed to the functionality of the attachment points that has broken my "interior"? It worked like a charm under 4.6.
Anyone else having this problem, and better still, any advice on how to solve this? Thanks.

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul
Could you please tell me if this is occurring with a cab view you have made yourself, or is it occurring with a builtin cab view or a cab view you have downloaded? If it is a builtin or downloaded cab view, could you please tell me what one of the locomotives that uses the cab view is, so that we can check this here.

Regards

Hello Zec,

Thank you for your support. This phenomenon occurs with a cab that I have made myself.

Fortunately, after some experimentation, I seem to have solved the problem by attaching a collision-proxy to each and every lever, button etc. This of course meant that I had to recreate each item in Blender with an attachment point built into it. This arrangement was not at all necessary in TANE and TRS19 SP1.

Although things seems to work fine now, it is obvious that the properties of the controls in SP2 have changed with respect to those in SP1. The controls are less accessible; it is more or less like they react to the mouse (the hand and the notch colours appear) in one hemisphere and not in the other hemisphere. Somehow there is a partial 'shield'.

I hope that this comment is helpful for you. Thanks again.

Regards,

Paul

I noticed going through the TRS2019 tutorials, that the train brake lever was almost impossible to pull all the way back with the mouse, it actually wants to go the other way. Same somewhat with the forwarder lever, but I was able to make it work, but I think the throttle was a non-starter. did not work at all, had to use the keyboard.

Very weird Paul, the cab i work on behaves the same in SP2 as it did before
i never had to use collision proxy, but i spent a lot of time tweaking the config
so the movements make sense (ergonomics)
(really hate it when i move a mouse forward and i see a control go backwards)
if a control moves the wrong way use the "mousespeed -1" (or other value you prefer)

if you want i can check the cab (without collision) for you
think its config and not 3d-prog related.
teecabsp2.jpg

old GM and his working gmax ;-)
greetings GM

Hello G.M.

Good to see you back again in these forums. I think I still could use some of the signals that you made in the early days and which are missing dependencies for me ...
But it may be better to discuss that in the Dutch thread (if you agree).

Through PM I could send you one of the railcars of which the cab worked very well in SP1 but no longer in SP2.
Just confirm that this is your offer. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Paul (who has not given up on gmax entirely either)

Dont remember making signals actually
gjvh has a set on DLS, then rikj made a scripted set (still on trainz.nl) helped him start the old armsignals
later GetMeering made nice signals (yes also initials GM) most can be found also on trainz.nl (in the Nederlandwest6 packages)

sure email/PM what you want checked/fixed, allready repaired 300+assets for the dutch crew :)
greetings GM

Hi All
Our team have found the cause for this issue, which only affects some cab views, and we hope for this to be resolved in a future update for Trainz. Unfortunately I cannot currently say when any future updates may be released.

Creating your own collision boxes should help here, however this should only be done where you absolutely need to.

Regards

Hello Zec,

Thanks very much for this feedback. At least my findings can be explained.

If the issue only affects some cab views, is there some aspect to be taken into account in creating the cab that allows one to circumvent the problem?
What distinguishes the cabs (or cab views) that show the problem from those that do not?

Regards,
Paul

Back