Not This Again...

Vern

Trainz Maverick
It seems in Build 110491, amongst all the other issues we are back to the DLS not grabbing all the dependencies of the parent asset when you download.

Just had this with the TSM Procedural Track (kuid2:661281:44062:1 - which also seems to have migrated to being an "Auran" asset). On the first download when I went to use it in Surveyor, shown in red and CM showed missing dependencies. Had to reselect and re-download to get all the dependencies.

This has been an issue previously though not in the most recent version, could lead to the unwary finding items suddenly showing faulty and gets even more complex when the dependencies themselves have further sub-dependencies.

Fix your game, N3V.

I agree that a Trainz novice would get confused and/or frustrated.

I just downloaded and installed the item (<kuid2:661281:44062:1>) to check out your post. It was shown as "Installed from DLS, missing dependencies". When I listed its dependencies I was shown

<kuid:661281:44063> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Chairs-Left (Installed from DLS, missing dependencies)
<kuid:661281:44064> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Chairs-Right (Installed from DLS, missing dependencies)
<kuid2:661281:44065:3> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Mesh (Available for download)
<kuid:661281:44066> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Rail-Left (Installed from DLS, missing dependencies)
<kuid:661281:44067> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Rail-Right (Installed from DLS, missing dependencies)
<kuid:661281:44068> TSM Track WWL SK 1 Sleepers (Installed from DLS, missing dependencies)

When I selected and downloaded the missing mesh asset all the other assets including the original asset lost their faulty status and were shown as "Installed from DLS".

This sometimes happens with downloads - but not always.

Glad you were able to reproduce the issue and not me being a knucklehead!

I'm still puzzled as to how this is now an Auran (N3V) asset rather than the original authors - Antkiller_bmrf or BUGOR, though it is difficult to tell with the Russian assets who was the author and which one is a clone!

Doesn't pick up dependencies, as version 1 and 3 of the mesh library are on the DLS and 2 and the original are not, for some reason this is often a problem and not just for TRS19 happens a lot in TANE.

I check my database first thing every morning. It was reasonably clean yesterday with "relatively few" red items in the listing. This mornin I had 208 Missing Content errors. A standard database repair did not change the status of ANY of those errors. MANY times I find MY database messed up after N3V "stirs the pot" during their work day.

That database is the Fort Knox for the customer but it is treated like a small town bank with crooked managers. This continual day-after-day changes is very annoying. If it is working why are they changing it everyday? Why do their actions change my personal database. As a customer I must be able to permit changes.

This uncontrolled messing-around needs to be brought under a controlled and published process and not left to whoever is running that show now.

Now, I can find NO ERRORS in any of the several routes I started this morning. I am confident that the 208 red items did not hit my routes. BUT it ruined my morning until I gave up on fixes and tried some routes. It is like getting a terrorist threat and then an all clear.

Last edited:
Hi All
I have done some testing here, and have reproduced this issue with TRS19 SP2, and have put in a bug report for this. :)

Regards

I check my database first thing every morning. It was reasonably clean yesterday with "relatively few" red items in the listing. This mornin I had 208 Missing Content errors. A standard database repair did not change the status of ANY of those errors. MANY times I find MY database messed up after N3V "stirs the pot" during their work day.

That database is the Fort Knox for the customer but it is treated like a small town bank with crooked managers. This continual day-after-day changes is very annoying. If it is working why are they changing it everyday? Why do their actions change my personal database. As a customer I must be able to permit changes.

This uncontrolled messing-around needs to be brought under a controlled and published process and not left to whoever is running that show now.

Now, I can find NO ERRORS in any of the several routes I started this morning. I am confident that the 208 red items did not hit my routes. BUT it ruined my morning until I gave up on fixes and tried some routes. It is like getting a terrorist threat and then an all clear.

Could you give me the steps you use to do this newbe just getting back into it. Thanks

Boleyd, none of your issues with the database (lets call it "DB" to cut down the keystrokes) match mine. My DB has been free of errors ever since the SP2 update, and I use TRS19 extensively everyday (not much else to do in this pandemic).

MANY times I find MY database messed up after N3V "stirs the pot" during their work day.

That I do not understand. The only changes that occur to the DB, outside of my downloads from the DLS, are the occasional asset updates. About 10 or so came in the other day, the first I have seen in weeks. None of them had any errors. What do you mean by "stirring the pot"?

This continual day-after-day changes is very annoying. If it is working why are they changing it everyday? Why do their actions change my personal database. As a customer I must be able to permit changes.

Again I do not understand those statements. I see no "day-after-day" changes to the DB apart from those that I make myself.

One thing I was wondering, with the change in SP2 as to how DLC downloads (i.e. you manually have to select and download each item), what happened to the TANE legacy items that used to be acquired as part of the automatic "Download All" process? Actually, as an aside, how do we grab the non route based DLC that we might own?

Edit: Found it, tucked away rather obscurely under "Purchased" in the dialogue box which opens when you start downloading something.

Last edited:
One thing I was wondering, with the change in SP2 as to how DLC downloads (i.e. you manually have to select and download each item), what happened to the TANE legacy items that used to be acquired as part of the automatic "Download All" process? Actually, as an aside, how do we grab the non route based DLC that we might own?

Even when "Download All" was available I downloaded each route one at a time and checked CM after install for any problem/issue. Then moved on to next. And not needing everything at one time, I'd usually restrict myself to just a few routes a day. "Download All" just doesn't sound like a good plan to me. And any "Tane item" I'm entitled to shows for download.

As for "non route based DLC that we might own" - is yours not just mixed in with your routes waiting to be downloaded? My "available" downloads show all Payware routes, loco's, consists, etc etc. So I don't understand the question perhaps?

Even when "Download All" was available I downloaded each route one at a time and checked CM after install for any problem/issue. Then moved on to next. And not needing everything at one time, I'd usually restrict myself to just a few routes a day. "Download All" just doesn't sound like a good plan to me. And any "Tane item" I'm entitled to shows for download.

As for "non route based DLC that we might own" - is yours not just mixed in with your routes waiting to be downloaded? My "available" downloads show all Payware routes, loco's, consists, etc etc. So I don't understand the question perhaps?

It does once the store window opens, but my point being it is not obvious from the in game menu how you would otherwise acquire these assets now the old faithful black box has been discontinued. The pro of course being you can download the items as time permits rather than ending up with the mishkiver of the aborted half complete process you could end up with before.

Yes, N3V doesn't keep the end user (us) up to date very well. They leave it up to us to check each and every menu, option, setting, etc. to learn what has changed and what's going on. That's why I read the forums everyday. More people need to watch the "beta" forum. If they did they would know months in advance what the current issues are with the upcoming software because they are usually highly discussed. Especially the changes that users don't understand and/or don't care for.

Back