Waiting until industry is empty

lenscab

Hi,,, is it possible to have a consist wait at an industry until it has used all its output.
I will try to explain better, so in my case, I have a train that comes with a lad of logs but the lumber yard has only got through processing half of its stock. So can someone tell me please How I could make the train wait until the yard has used its logs before my train goes to unload.
Len

Why would you want to wait? In the real world that wouldn't happen, a train goes to a destination and unloads, it would never wait for them to run out of product first. If you really must why not set the industry to zero first so there is no waiting, otherwise there is no way to set a command to wait for a produce to reach zero that I know of.

You can use <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed) with <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule as a child rule to it.

You can use <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed) with <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule as a child rule to it.

The Resource Verify Rule cannot check if an industry is empty or full. It will check if its stock level rises above or below a set level - and since you cannot have a stock level below zero you cannot check for empty. The workaround is set it to check for when the stock falls below a very low (but not zero) level.

Just a thought.

Industries consume product at a specified rate. With the Multi Industry New (MIN's), you can change the rate and duration of the consumption. This will allow you to calculate how long it will take to consume the current product. Once you know this you can Navigate to MIN, issue a Wait command to wait for that amount of time. Not perfect but would would achieve the look of what your trying to accomplish.

I have the same wish to send a train to the industry (<kuid2:1942:27019:1> Factory 8 GenGoods) only when the lumber stock reaches below a defined level.

I have added the <kuid:-25:1293> Multiple Resource Check rule to the session rules (Edit Session). As a child rule to this I have added the <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule.

Setting up was straight forward (I think). Setting the industry level then the telling the Driver Schedule Rule to execute the schedule for the lumber train.

In the Edit Session/Driver Set Up I told the lumber train to 'Drive Schedule' however nothing happens.

There does not appear to be a way to define which Driver Schedule the lumber train must follow.

Or I am not doing something or doing something wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Using the assets <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed) with <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule not the ones I chose solved the problem.

Last edited:
Back