TRS2019 Browser Refresh Error

blueodessey

Hello all,

I have a bit of problem with my TRS2019 Edition, recently upgraded to Platinum from Standard Version.....

Ok here is the Scoop, I bought the update and it downloaded automatically like all your DLC from NV3. I didn't have any issues to start, this was about a week ago. All of sudden couple of days ago, I had a BrowserRefresh error with the Program when I go into Settings.

And here is copy of the Log that discusses the error, I believe........

- <NULL> MeshObject::SetFXTextureReplacement> effect 'blade04-texture' not found on asset '<kuid2:122285:4042:20> "JK Point 20-XX-5.0-FT Crossover 5.0m"'

I Thought it was this file by our beloved Andi06 RIP.......So I removed it, did a DBR and nothing changed still same screen.....Doesn't matter if I use Create new Route, Edit existing Routes or Use Driver Etc.....

Now in addition, Trainz is trying to Patch update, which fails because it can't find the File it wants, my Edition of Platinum or the earlier STANDARD EDITION that has not changed, the brain trust here advised, that the only way this Patch update would resolve was to due download most recent Digital DLC Trainz Edition for TRS2019, and do brand new install.....Of course making sure all my files our backed up first, which I will do by Exporting files to CDP..........

I also back up with Carbonite Daily, but getting the older File set will not solve the Patch issue to my thinking......

Just like some of the members take, if they have seen this issue, and can I resolve this now, and do new install for Platinum Edition later?

Try an EDR?

Press CTRL while selecting repair database from the menu.

If that doesn't work, we can think of something else that might work. Hopefully...

I once had that error, but it wasn't caused by an asset, but Trainz just decided to 'die'.
The only way that fixed it for me was reinstalling the game and relinking my existing content folder to the game.

Cheers

I once had that error, but it wasn't caused by an asset, but Trainz just decided to 'die'.
The only way that fixed it for me was reinstalling the game and re-linking my existing content folder to the game.

Cheers

Thank you my Friend,,,,,,

After doing the Extended DBR as suggest by John, unfortunately it remains the same. The DBR finished out OK.....12300 Seconds to complete...

But opening the Program with a simple Test Route, one Tile reveals the same thing again....:'(

Plan B:
Going to do a Google Search too see if anything else comes up on this particular error........I have never had this come up before.....I did do a hard reboot of Windows on Laptop, and nothing else seems out of whack here........

So will see what happens......:)

Plan C:
While I am doing that, I will male up my CDP backups to an backup Drive separate from computer.............

Appreciate the help........

Plan D: Apply the principle of Occam's Razor maybe

https://philosophyterms.com/occams-razor/

When all other things considered this may be the best answer theoretically.......?

blueodessey - That browser refresh issue is program-related and not necessarily an indication of faulty UserData assets.
You might have a corrupted program file somewhere there in your TRS19_Platinum build directory. Suggest also checking your hard drive/ SSD for errors just in case it has a physical cause.
Suggest reinstalling the program again from scratch - AFTER copying the entire contents of your UserData (local files and folders) to a safe place beforehand. Don't just rely on CDPs, as you'll miss much of your content when it comes to reinstating that folder.
Use the Local data folder path shown in your Trainz Settings Install tab dialog accessible from the main Launcher to work out what you absolutely need to save/ copy. The TRS19 programs files can simply be deleted ahead of a fresh download and install from your MyTrainz account.
Once that has been successfully achieved, copy back the UserData folder you saved earlier to reinstate full functionality once again.
Good luck in this quest!

blueodessey - That browser refresh issue is program-related and not necessarily an indication of faulty UserData assets.
You might have a corrupted program file somewhere there in your TRS19_Platinum build directory. Suggest also checking your hard drive/ SSD for errors just in case it has a physical cause.
Suggest reinstalling the program again from scratch - AFTER copying the entire contents of your UserData (local files and folders) to a safe place beforehand. Don't just rely on CDPs, as you'll miss much of your content when it comes to reinstating that folder.
Use the Local data folder path shown in your Trainz Settings Install tab dialog accessible from the main Launcher to work out what you absolutely need to save/ copy. The TRS19 programs files can simply be deleted ahead of a fresh download and install from your MyTrainz account.
Once that has been successfully achieved, copy back the UserData folder you saved earlier to reinstate full functionality once again.
Good luck in this quest!

Appreciate PC_Ace.....Reminds me of Windows Version issues with new updates, even though those were different problems, only solved by Fresh install. Absolutely agree..! Guess will need some Spring Cleaning here........

I think when the Platinum upgrade was purchased and installed, which is in the last 2 weeks, it didn't go well probably, because I already had the issue with the Patch update before this issue, so in the long view, it has been festering......:'(

I think if I ignore this any longer, it will be at the peril of losing or corrupting my Routes Etc.......Time to take the high road and do the right thing as you suggested.......;)

So I promise, I will do a clean install,,,,Besides I have had TR2019 since Jan 2019 or maybe it was December 2018, don't recall, but a Fresh install is good just for refresh from Bit Rot........LOL

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffcm&q=Bit+Rot&ia=web

Appreciate PC_Ace.....Reminds me of Windows Version issues with new updates, even though those were different problems, only solved by Fresh install. Absolutely agree..! Guess will need some Spring Cleaning here........

I think when the Platinum upgrade was purchased and installed, which is in the last 2 weeks, it didn't go well probably, because I already had the issue with the Patch update before this issue, so in the long view, it has been festering......:'(

I think if I ignore this any longer, it will be at the peril of losing or corrupting my Routes Etc.......Time to take the high road and do the right thing as you suggested.......;)

So I promise, I will do a clean install,,,,Besides I have had TR2019 since Jan 2019 or maybe it was December 2018, don't recall, but a Fresh install is good just for refresh from Bit Rot........LOL

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffcm&q=Bit+Rot&ia=web

Ah, Bit Rot! That's that festering disease much like a cancer that gets in and starts degrading performance as it eats its way through the files.

A fresh PC install is easy to do these days with Windows 10 if you plan to go that way. If you keep your data and your documents on another drive, it's even easier. I wouldn't go that far just yet and try a fresh TRS2019 Platinum install.

I recommend backing up your user-data folder wherever that maybe prior to removing the program. This is to avoid a whoops and generally confuses Mr. Murphy.

Uninstall the program and then delete the program files located in the C:/Programs/N3V Games/ folders. I found this is necessary due to the patcher not documenting the upgrade. It's not N3V's issue and it's related to the Vise installer they use. The company I worked for used the same thing and had the same problem with their products.

Anyway, once cleaned up go back and reinstall. Let the program do its thing, even create a default folder. It's easier this way...

If you haven't already, put your old user-data folder outside of the C:/users/.../app data/N3V Games folder area. You can call the folder anything you want. I put mine on my E: drive and call it TRS2019_DATA so I don't get a dumb fart moment and delete something!

Once installed, open up the Trainz settings and in the install tab browse to where your data folder is located.

If everything goes well, you'll retain all your user-settings as well as your username and password.

Thank you sir for the much needed Tips here.

Thanks John,

I think I wrote something a little confusing on my last Rout.............:eek: I meant the problems of this Trainz issue, of which I am guilty half way here of not thinking it out logically, and hoping all would work out (shame on me......:hehe:) was it reminds of Windows issues in the past where I had to redo the whole computer.......

What I should have done, was to wipe out Trainz like you suggested, before I bought the Platinum upgrade, and then do the Fresh install........I have learned a good lesson here on how not to do a Upgrade with Trainz, the other issue was the Patch Installer update not working, which surprised me a lot, it has never come up before, I think I have done 3-4 Patch updates with nary a issue ever.....Go Figure......:hehe:

So for this issue, yes,

I will only remove Trainz out of the computer, except to retain the Data Directory as you said.......Today it took about 5 hours to copy that Data Directory to my Portable Back up drive (5 Gig) size, so glad I bought too! Was 881 GB of Data.......Almost a Terabyte of stuff.......:eek:

Now the I have 3 backups,

One in the Carbonite Cloud

One on here marked as you suggested on D Drive,

and One on Portable Drive "E"......

Only other thing I going to do, is make CDP's of all my Routes other than Payware ones, which I don't have to backup as CDP's..........

That should do it.....

I already downloaded the Platinum Installer Stub File from NV3 today........

Probably one more or two more nights to do the Route CDP's of ones I have modified, merged Etc......That's years of work, so it is well worth the effort to error on the safe side.........

And thank you to the rest of the Group for helping me out.....Really appreciate............I also see some other members here had this same issue...........:(

Back