Cold Creek Logistics MP2800/C Engines

KingConrail76

I just recently decided to spend the money to "complete" the Cold Creek module (one building), and was pleasantly surprised to find so many extra goodies of Engines and such included .. BUT, I am a bit confused by the MP2800/c Engines:
- The Engines include LOD Models, but their is no LM.txt file to USE the LODs, only a reference to an "extra" .IM model (body.IM) in the Config.txt file .. IS there an updated Config.txt file available somewhere that uses the LODs?
- Also in the MP2800/c folder is a sub-folder called "xmas" which seems to have Christmas Lights models and textures, that can be attached to the loco, but no reference to them in the Config file, and no Scripting or Options in-Game to enable or turn them on..
-- Is this an error, that they are included, or that they are not in the Config, or is it just a bonus for those able to add them manually? (I have not looked at the MP2800/c model closely to see if there are specific attachment points for these)
--- Is a Config.txt file available somewhere that has these "Christmas Lights" (and LODs from above) Enabled?

Thanks in advance.
KC76

PS, Are there any other of these "easter eggs" hidden in any other JR content I should be looking for? Other non-enabled features, or "special effects"?

No one? I mean, I understand you have a "policy" of not supporting less than "tane" versions of trains, but I would think this is a pretty simple question to answer without opening a can of worms... I mean, I am using them in TANE, which is why I asked about the LODs that are INCLUDED, but not IMPLEMENTED..

I just recently decided to spend the money to "complete" the Cold Creek module (one building), and was pleasantly surprised to find so many extra goodies of Engines and such included .. BUT, I am a bit confused by the MP2800/c Engines:
- The Engines include LOD Models, but their is no LM.txt file to USE the LODs, only a reference to an "extra" .IM model (body.IM) in the Config.txt file .. IS there an updated Config.txt file available somewhere that uses the LODs?

You may be misreading, as the "body.lm" referenced in the config is the file body.lm.txt

- Also in the MP2800/c folder is a sub-folder called "xmas" which seems to have Christmas Lights models and textures, that can be attached to the loco, but no reference to them in the Config file, and no Scripting or Options in-Game to enable or turn them on..
-- Is this an error, that they are included, or that they are not in the Config, or is it just a bonus for those able to add them manually? (I have not looked at the MP2800/c model closely to see if there are specific attachment points for these)
--- Is a Config.txt file available somewhere that has these "Christmas Lights" (and LODs from above) Enabled?

These were left over from a Christmas screenshot project long ago (files are dated 12/22/2009). There is not a config version with them applied.

PS, Are there any other of these "easter eggs" hidden in any other JR content I should be looking for? Other non-enabled features, or "special effects"?

probably. from time to time development files or experiments are forgotten in the assets especially if they are projects like the MP2800/c that were initially never to be released but filled a required role later on.

Who even cares? Was any of this worth making a thread about or god forbid if you sent them a ticket? Plenty of other things to worry about.

You may be misreading, as the "body.lm" referenced in the config is the file body.lm.txt

These were left over from a Christmas screenshot project long ago (files are dated 12/22/2009). There is not a config version with them applied.

probably. from time to time development files or experiments are forgotten in the assets especially if they are projects like the MP2800/c that were initially never to be released but filled a required role later on.

Thanks for the Reply. It's been a while since I was actively working with these, so I would have to double check, but I think your first reply sentence is actually the issue, as I do not think there IS an .LM.txt file reference or .LM.txt text file, I think that was the issue.. the ARE LOD models, but the Config only calls for the TOP LOD model, and NOT the LOD text file for use of LODs. No worries, If I revisit them, I'll just coppy an LM.txt file from another JR asset, and edit as needed.

Back