Loading long strings of cars without moving them

BeansLLB

Is there any way to load long cuts of cars (ie. grain cars at a grain elevator) without having to have an engine attached? Is there something like a puller rope or similar that will simulate moving the cars? Is there any industry track types that will load the cars, even if they are not all in the "arrows"?

Thanks,

BeansLLB

note: after posting, I realize this may not be in the right sub-forum, if so, please move to correct one.

Last edited:
There are several driver commands that will "instant load" cars. However, you will not get the special effects like dust. I have heard that some Trainz Pro Route industries load cars after a certain length of time.

Is there any way to load long cuts of cars (ie. grain cars at a grain elevator) without having to have an engine attached? Is there something like a puller rope or similar that will simulate moving the cars? Is there any industry track types that will load the cars, even if they are not all in the "arrows"?

Thanks,

BeansLLB

note: after posting, I realize this may not be in the right sub-forum, if so, please move to correct one.

There ARE a few, very few, industries, that will load/unload a string of cars, WITHOUT a loco atached to the string/train .. I can not recall the free-ware ones right this second, but I think they came from TPR, and had a yellow cube, or three, embedded in the tracks to mark their location bounds. The other ones that I know worked in Trainz 12 and older (mileage varies with TANE) were several by Jointed Rail: American Intermodal has a scripted Container Crane, that will load/unload an entire train over real-time, and I believe their Cold Creek Logistics bulding is supposed to do the same with frozen foods, and then lastly, either Legacey of the BN or the Eagle River route have loaders that will load logs, over time (this last one I have no experience with). The TPR ones I mention first, seemed to be able to have any commodity used, and are not "industry specific" like the JR stuff. Unfortunately, Most of the "cool stuff" from TS12 and older generations, fails to work correctly in the TANE and newer "game engines". Perhaps some of Phil Skene's older TS2010/TS12 routes use the Industries I am thinking of with yellow cubes.

Look for Protolars on the DLS. With these you can place one wagon on the load point and it will load the rest of the train.
You need a loco to place them then can uncouple and come back later to collect the loaded consist. Same with unloading.
Cheers,
Mike

What about the invisible locomotive that is available in the download station? I found that recently and am using it to do some 'gravity switching' that the program just wouldn't do to my satisfaction on its own. Just hook the invisible locomotive to that long string of cars and use the 'Load All' command, just as you would if you had a 'real' locomotive attached. Might work?

I find it tough to locate the invisible locomotive to delete it sometimes when I'm done with it. When that happens, I simply uncouple it, send it on its way in the wrong direction and it derails itself at the end of the siding. And guess what happens when an invisible locomotive derails? An invisible train wreck. The little yellow 'X' goes away in about 60 seconds and that pesky invisible locomotive is out of your way!

I've found several (probably unintended) uses for that stealth locomotive lately!

The point is you must have a loco attached.

That is not true in all cases. My InstantLoadAtFocus stores the car to be loaded. The command can be placed after some intervening commands. Then the engine/driver can be somewhere else and the command will be executed in its turn. Same applies for my InstantUnloadAtFocus. Depends on how the command was written.

Back