New Computer -- Seeking Advice

geno1005

I have just purchased a new Mac Mini computer for work related reasons (graphic design, video & audio editing etc) and would like to move my installation of Trainz 19 to the new machine in the next few days. I purchased 19 six months ago and it has pretty much just been sitting, since it really didn't run very well at all on my older PC based machine. I'm HOPING the Mac Mini will do better (maybe?). Either way, the machine was purchased for the work related things that I have to do to eat...being able to run Trainz 19 on it is an added bonus if it works.

Since 19 didn't work very well on the old machine, I continued to spend 97% of my time in TANE, and I think I just want to leave that installation where it is. The old machine will continue to sit side by side with the new one so I will have access to both.

So my question is, are there any special handling/tricks for installing Trainz 19 on a Mac machine, and how do I go about moving the installation from the old PC to the new Mac? Can I just go into my account and download the whole thing again, or does it have to be uninstalled from the old computer first?

Thanks everyone...I appreciate any and all advice.

Since you haven't done much with 2019 on your old computer, I'd download the installer and run as new. Depending on how much space you have, you may want to have the data directory on an external hard drive. I have it running on my M1 Mac. I would uninstall it from your old computer, just to save space.

Back