unable to download the version of trainz that I bought!?

I had bought TS19 Platinum Edition in november of last year on my old pc and it downloaded just fine. However that was my old pc. I just got my new one set up today and have went to download it again but it wont give me platinum. The downloader that says its for platinum edition links to the same one as the regular one, I even set the stream in the downloader to ts19 platinum and it still downloaded as standard edition.

how can I get what I payed for back? My ticket to the helpdesk has been submitted yet any help from the more knowledgeable people here on the forums would be great.

thank you for reading!

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

I could be wrong here but I believe that the "regular" TRS19 and "Platinum" TRS19 are the same download and are the same program. When the installer runs it will determine, from your username, which features (the Platinum edition features) will be activated and which ones will not (for the "regular" edition).

The program code is identical for the two versions, but the Platinum has some of the builtin features activated while the "regular" does not.

I could be wrong here but I believe that the "regular" TRS19 and "Platinum" TRS19 are the same download and are the same program. When the installer runs it will determine, from your username, which features (the Platinum edition features) will be activated and which ones will not (for the "regular" edition).

The program code is identical for the two versions, but the Platinum has some of the builtin features activated while the "regular" does not.
yes that is true after reading into it but the platinum edition gives the extra cameras and the name platinum to the game when it installs. mine does not have these on my new computer. even though they were one the old one. i still installed using the platinum installer and set the stream to platinum but the game is still standard edition

as i stated i did change the stream to platinum edition on the downloader and it still downloaded as the standard one.
My apologize, I didn't see that part.

yes that is true after reading into it but the platinum edition gives the extra cameras and the name platinum to the game when it installs. mine does not have these on my new computer. even though they were one the old one. i still installed using the platinum installer and set the stream to platinum but the game is still standard edition
This is odd. I too have the Platinum Edition, but the launcher shows Trainz +. Perhaps this is an issue with the latest service pack? Hopefully Zec will see your topic and chime in.

Rather than "hope" that Zec sees your post, I suggest you ensure he sees it, by submittiting a ticket to the helpdesk.

Trainz+ is used for membership purchasers as you get extra on top of the platinum edition. As said earlier there is only one version to download, once it checks with N3V it will allow the different authorizations to be attached to what you own or are a member of. You don't see a visible difference until you enter Trainz and see what extras you have. 100491 applies to all TRS19 versions from standard, trainz+ to platinum.

My apologize, I didn't see that part.

This is odd. I too have the Platinum Edition, but the launcher shows Trainz +. Perhaps this is an issue with the latest service pack? Hopefully Zec will see your topic and chime in.

Were you on the Plus trial? in which case the plus will or should disappear when the trial ends and your plus permissions revert to your Platinum ones.

Rather than "hope" that Zec sees your post, I suggest you ensure he sees it, by submittiting a ticket to the helpdesk.
as stated I did send out a ticket but am waiting on the response still. Thats why I made this post so anyone that might know whats going on here could help out if they felt inclined to do so.

With kind regards,
The Brougham Gamer

TRS19 standard and Platinum Editions of TRS19 are now the same thing - no difference anymore with the program side since SP2 introduced all of the Platinum features for regular users now.
The only difference is, you'll still get the camera modes, and the USD thing that regular users don't have access to.

Cheers

Hi All
With the release of TRS19 SP2, all versions of TRS19 and Trainz Plus now use the same build, and as such will use the same download :) This makes it a lot easier to install Trainz, but of course if you aren't expecting it you might think you had the wrong download.

Regards

Back