Will there be a SP2 fix or SP3?

G.M.

A few things on the wishlist to fix(not just by me):
-Please put back Attachment culling (a.attachmentpointname:Cull) via lm files
hundreds of good passenger trains depend on this, and they will not be fixed or remade
-A more neutral TRS2019 main menu (or choice)
-A route menu that remembers the choice you made before (like it was in SP1)
-A fixed PB15 (flickering strip on boiler)
-Less textures(size)(<50mb in total) in new F7 cab and also RightSide/km/h
-A fix for (pbr)textures closeby in cabs (might be an exporter issue not Trainz)
-A fix for the double save when exit a route/session (is it even needed?)
-A fix for traffic (carz) that get stuck and honk in Surveyor (was ok before SP1)
-A fix for parallel (caternary)spline points going astray since SP2
-A fixed wait for Trigger drivercommand (=build-in, and not working(on bigger routes))
-Req: a page in wiki, stating all obsolete script commands, the reason why,
with just as good alternative and example how to use the new ones.
-Req: a detailed list of all changes SP2 brought and why.

Maybe others can add to the list
you may move it to Suggestion boxcar if you like
I still love Trainz, no matter what ;-)
greetings GM

Some are bugs, like the catenary thing. I ran into that with a tunnel spline and I spent 2 hours fixing that.

The PBR thing sounds like an exporter issue.

The boiler was recently updated. Is this the one that flickers?

The script issue with the trigger. That requires the content creator to look at since it's not a built-in item.

I have seen no issues with the Wait... command.

The fix for the double-save is being addressed. There's a note by Tony on it in the other thread.

Carz... Yeah that needs work. The whole road system needs an update. At least we don't have flying A-Team vans anymore! :)

Textures... That's up to the content creator. There is also the PBR stuff in there that makes them bigger.

The menu stuff is a long term fix. This stuff is always being revised so who knows what we'll get.

and finally, the Wiki is community driven. You can update that if you wish.

Other things mentioned and noted:

Textures take a long time to load.
Track takes a long time to load initially.
Splines acting weird.
Track not redrawing properly.
and more I can't think of.

I too would like a list of fixes and gotchas so when I update I know what I'm up against. As always, having a backup prior to starting helps. Generally, this keeps Murphy confused and things go well.

Not forgetting the spinning trackside cameras (tracking mode) which we were told shortly after SP1 was released would be rectified in the foreseeable future yet have been made even worse by SP2 in that they now in addition nose dive into the ground as you try to edit/move the camera once placed. Peter

Still waiting on a reply from N3v, and the list gets bigger and bigger

-All CTD issues in ContentManager should be fixed
--View disabled assets CTD
--View broken assets (that CM does not show red) CTD

-If something is red(broken) in surveyor it should also be red in CM
-if submit an item you editted it also should clear the cache and show instant result

-All scroll bars on every screen in every version should actually be visible

-Driver commands have a limit what they can handle, if you exceed it, they no longer work (greyed out)
this happens FI with the built-in "Wait for Trigger" even though original from marinus
it has been built-in since 2003 and now your responsibility
adjust the maximum a driver command can process, because we have bigger routes/session (double it)

-The double save, leaving Surveyor, is unneeded and should go
it is confusing for all users

-The new added Car 02, nice model from concretaacc1 is too small compared to other cars, my guess need to scale it up 50%

-The new content store often shows items like "demo package #2" probably where people test something
1 time it even led me to a screen with malware on it, make sure they do testing in some offline module.
-Check if all content store item actually have a title, i see a canadian route without 1
-there is a free package called TRS19 Content fix sc545, if you click
[List Featured Assets] it shows nada

greetings GM

I would like to see a change in the DCC throttle step settings. Right now it is 5% and that is too large. The step size should be 1%. That should be a simple change in the main program module.

SP2 completely broke the bulk replacement tool...

When I go and bulk replace tracks, it now also shifts the track off the running bed..
iXgqx0T.jpg

Someone once said "If it isn't broken, it will be". While I do udnerstand they 'try' to fix things, they didn't have to break the bulk replacement tool... so much for using 1 click update, now if you want to replace track, you must relay it all over again...

Cheers

SP2 completely broke the bulk replacement tool...

When I go and bulk replace tracks, it now also shifts the track off the running bed..
{pic removed to be polite}

Someone once said "If it isn't broken, it will be". While I do udnerstand they 'try' to fix things, they didn't have to break the bulk replacement tool... so much for using 1 click update, now if you want to replace track, you must relay it all over again...

Cheers

That's a weird bug? I haven't come across it and use the bulk update tool all the time including just a while ago with some tracks.

I would still report that as a bug if you can repro it.

Wierd Hiawata
the orignal TRS19Euro version, bulk replace track worked ok, then SP1 i could no longer replace splines, now in SP2 it works again for me
but there are spline issues, think thats what causing this, something has changed and they dont tell what.
out of the blue i also see red circles at some turn outs, turnouts that were ok for years.
thats why i hope for a fix, an update should not be a downdate (is that even a word?)

Bulk update and replace is working properly for me in SP2. That looks like you might have had two different types of tracks joined near the spline joints that formed the gentle curve. When one type of track was replaced the spline point join - and curve - was affected.

That's a weird bug? I haven't come across it and use the bulk update tool all the time including just a while ago with some tracks.

I would still report that as a bug if you can repro it.

Oh its repro-able, and QA when he was testing the DLC through the TCCP system put a ticket in. Since then a few days later someone else who used the bulk replacement tool had the same issue as I did. I've then did more internal testing about it, and sure enough, the bulk replacement tool is what caused this issue.

Cheers

Oh its repro-able, and QA when he was testing the DLC through the TCCP system put a ticket in. Since then a few days later someone else who used the bulk replacement tool had the same issue as I did. I've then did more internal testing about it, and sure enough, the bulk replacement tool is what caused this issue.

Cheers

Lovely.... At least it's not a one-off which usually happens to me. I'm then told it's something wrong with my routes yet it's repro'd on my end multiple times. Then finally the full product comes out and the problem exists for everyone.

Yep, I know that feeling way too well when I sent in bug reports (this is why I usually send in a video with the steps already shown as its quicker and easier to do it that way than typing).

Then once a update is released and something is broken, or just boke from the update, got to wait a whole year before it gets fixed (and then something else gets broken..)

Cheers

What is it with N3V, fix one thing (which probably didn't need fixing) and break three others? Do they actually employ competent programmers these days or is it outsourced to some kid in a bedroom?

It certainly doesn't encourage route builders to do their "thing" in the latest version. Better off going back to TANE or one of the other sims.

What is it with N3V, fix one thing (which probably didn't need fixing) and break three others? Do they actually employ competent programmers these days or is it outsourced to some kid in a bedroom?

It certainly doesn't encourage route builders to do their "thing" in the latest version. Better off going back to TANE or one of the other sims.

Why no love for a "kid in bedroom?" I suspect some great software has been made by "kids" in all sorts of locations. :) (please note smiley face!)

Hi All
This issue is currently being looked into.

However some further information regarding this as well. In part this is due to cumulative updates to the spline behaviour over time. It wasn't actually related to junctions on curves (I'm not sure where that came from, but it's not the intention). But it's part of bug fixing and updates to spline handling so that they work better (in the absolute sense).

So as to not break routes entirely, we do limit when these updates are used depending on the version the spline was edited/placed in, and/or the version of the spline asset.

So updating to a newer spline asset, or editing the spline (ie replacement, or moving, or deleting and placing again) will result in the updated handling being used.

I have still entered a report as the changes are pretty substantial and are causing issues with routes that are being updated.

That said, this is an example of having the choice of, either never fix/update an issue (because it might break/change something), or make the change/update (which may be needed to implement future updates/changes as well). In this case we have made it so that the update only comes into affect if you perform specific actions, but on an existing route it remains unchanged.

However, we are still looking into this, so as to ascertain what steps can be taken to avoid this.

It's also worth noting that it's been several months since TRS19 SP2 entered beta, and over a month since it was released. And no reports have been received for this, as far as I can find, until the last few days. In all honesty, with situations like this, it's only if something actually gets reported (especially during beta) that we'll know there's an actual issue...

To further reply.

-Please put back Attachment culling (a.attachmentpointname:Cull) via lm files
If you haven't already, please send a report to https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu so that our QA team can investigate this. Please supply an example asset that does show that this is not functioning correctly.

-A more neutral TRS2019 main menu (or choice)
Currently the route menu is fixed, we may be able to provide the ability to change it in future, but there's no specific plans at this time. TBH I think most will agree that there's more important things to focus on here. The main reason it was changed was to make use of a number of new PBR assets that we have provided in the update for TRS19.

-A route menu that remembers the choice you made before (like it was in SP1)
I tested this here, and it is definitely remembering my selection. It may have reset with the SP2 update, but changing to the desired consist in the 'my content' menu is definitely being remembered here.

-A fixed PB15 (flickering strip on boiler)
I can't reproduce this, could you please provide a screenshot of this.

-Less textures(size)(<50mb in total) in new F7 cab and also RightSide/km/h
The large texture size is necessary to provide both the detail resolution for the cab view itself, and the texture variations for the different liveries required for the F7 cab. The cab allows creators to specify from a range of different textures via a tag in their locomotive, so as to make it more closely match the livery on the exterior model.

-A fix for (pbr)textures closeby in cabs (might be an exporter issue not Trainz)
Could you please clarify for me what this issue is? Do you mean the flickering shadows? If so this is due to the thinness of the 'walls' in many cabs (either due to them being single sided, or being far too thin for Trainz to accurately render the shadows).

-A fix for the double save when exit a route/session (is it even needed?)
If you are referring to saving both a route and session, this is to ensure that any session data that has been created (including industry configurations/changes) are correctly saved.

-A fix for traffic (carz) that get stuck and honk in Surveyor (was ok before SP1)
Again if you can reliably reproduce this, please submit a bug report to https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

-A fix for parallel (caternary)spline points going astray since SP2
If this is related to the other spline issues being discussed, please see above. If they have moved without any changes (including bulk-asset replace), then please submit a report to https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

-Req: a page in wiki, stating all obsolete script commands, the reason why,
with just as good alternative and example how to use the new ones.
This is unfortunately not something that is within our scope to do. It's simply not possible for us to test all of the available driver commands, and find viable replacements.

-Req: a detailed list of all changes SP2 brought and why.
Unfortunately as TRS19 SP2 evolved over quite a long time (through both a number of Trainz Plus releases, and then the TRS19 SP2 beta itself), we don't have a changelist available in this case.

Regards

With regard to odd spline behaviour, I've noticed another oddity. If you drop a spline tail close to rather than on top of the point you want to join it to, instead of either jumping across or just settling orphaned on the terrain it places then projects another leg across to the point you intended to join. I have never seen this in any version of Trainz so maybe that will provide a clue as to what's gone wrong with the splining algorithms.

Sigh another bug
the built-in viewer has 2 options [Inspect] and [Performance]
just tried performance, and it stayed white and had to use Task manager to close the window.....
in the original TRS19 it worked perfect
Warning: don't use[Performance] in Sp2

Hi G.M.
I have tested the PB15 locomotive here and cannot reproduce this issue. Could you also please provide me with the current configuration of your performance and video settings. You can find these in three places:

The first is the Vertical Sync setting, which you can access by double clicking on the Trainz icon on your desktop, then click on Trainz Settings. You should then see the 'vertical sync' setting shown, can you please tell me what this is set to?

The second is the Performance Settings; with the Trainz Settings still open, click on the 'performance' tab and you will then see the performance settings. Could you please tell me what each setting is set to?

The third is the video settings. To access these, click on 'Start Trainz' on the launcher screen, then click on the 'system menu' or 'main menu' at the top left on the top toolbar, then click on 'settings'. You should then see the 'video settings' shown, could you please tell me what each setting is set to?

In regards to 'Performance' mode in the Preview Asset tool, you may need to move the camera around a little if it isn't immediately showing the multitude of the selected asset. How long it takes to load will depend on your computer's specs, and the asset itself.

Regards

As software creator, you cannot assume anything, it should work ok with every setting on any system
quite sure you have a few PC's there set to different settings.

These setting work fine here on this system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
MEM: Physical Memory (RAM) 32,0 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
settings.jpg

yes, loading also depends on the Assets (and the sum of all of them),
thats why I keep hammering not to go overboard on the textures.

btw i will never drive the PB15, but a flagship item needs to be ok as example
or you harm your own product. Just trying to help not ridicule the creator.
greetings GM

Last edited:
Back