Missing dependencies Grrrr....

Ghost42

I modified and uploaded a session very recently to the dls, no faults reported. After my recent problems and a fresh start I downloaded the route and session to check the positioning of some triggers.
It now has 4 unknowns, after much detective work I find 3 of them have been upgraded and not on the dls. The 4th I have no idea what it is.
The lesson here is 'all on the dls' is now not valid, base and built-in only. Rant over.

I had these events for years. Sometimes a few red boxes, sometime a sea of red. Finally a kind person suggested that the OBSOLETE (NOT-payware/builtin) stuff that was a possible culprit. Now every morning (N3V "updates" overnight) I eliminate obsolete assets that are not "commercial" items. No more red disasters.

I had these events for years. Sometimes a few red boxes, sometime a sea of red. Finally a kind person suggested that the OBSOLETE (NOT-payware/builtin) stuff that was a possible culprit. Now every morning (N3V "updates" overnight) I eliminate obsolete assets that are not "commercial" items. No more red disasters.

ANOTHER DUPLICATE caused by my incompetent attempt at editing the message. Can't listen to the news while editing.

Last edited:
I modified and uploaded a session very recently to the dls, no faults reported. After my recent problems and a fresh start I downloaded the route and session to check the positioning of some triggers.
It now has 4 unknowns, after much detective work I find 3 of them have been upgraded and not on the dls. The 4th I have no idea what it is.
The lesson here is 'all on the dls' is now not valid, base and built-in only. Rant over.

Try this, try to delete the location unknown items, it sometimes solves this problem, may not but worth a try!

No idea why but there appears to be odd things happening with the DLS database.

Last edited:
Try this, try to delete the location unknown items, it sometimes solves this problem, may not but worth a try!

No idea why but there appears to be odd things happening with the DLS database.

I have deleted one item I could not find on the dls, three I just needed to drop back a notch eg :3> to :2> then download.

Now I have invisible consists moving along invisible tracks, bare terrain with just a short piece of bridge track, but the trackmarks show up when zoomed out.
They are still there if all layers are hidden. I feel this is a doomed project!

May need to download the DLC updates from the Content Store?, if they error click view error then cancel as its 99.9% of the time actually installed, known bug that should have been fixed by now!

If this is for the latest session you uploaded? it is fine. The route has no errors and all track shows up. Did you download the Tane updates and fixes from the content store?

Yes it was th latest session, I'm glad it works fine on someone elses machine. The problem is here in Hungarton! :[
I'll go check updates and fixes - thanks all for bearing with me.

I have deleted one item I could not find on the dls, three I just needed to drop back a notch eg :3> to :2> then download.

Now I have invisible consists moving along invisible tracks, bare terrain with just a short piece of bridge track, but the trackmarks show up when zoomed out.
They are still there if all layers are hidden. I feel this is a doomed project!

Not a doomed project after all, this was bugging me and as a lockdown project I put on my Sherlock hat and investigated.
The config had UK bullhead 09 as the track, so as I couldn't select the invisible track I dragged it from the surveyor selection
and did a bulk replace. Like magic the track and consists made a welcome appearance!
All was ok till 4.7 put its finger in.

Back