Tidewater Point Railroad – TS19 Version problem with sessions.

@fruhj I would say that this is not a typical experience. Usually JR is very good at fixing reported issues. Its important to remember though that they do have regular jobs and sometimes life, and these days COVID, can interfere. As for the timeline, the first reports of a problem on the forum came in January. Just checked the reviews for the route on the JR site and there is no mention of a problem in any of the 4 reviews, with dates ranging from early May to early July.

I will say the route itself does not appear to have any issues (just ran a consist from one end to the other, checking a few spurs along the way.) The route is very well done with great attention to detail and only a very few minor visual issues (a road clipping into the ground, vegetation placed on a road). The operational issues are with the included sessions.

Hope that helps.

@fruhj I would say that this is not a typical experience. Usually JR is very good at fixing reported issues. Its important to remember though that they do have regular jobs and sometimes life, and these days COVID, can interfere. As for the timeline, the first reports of a problem on the forum came in January. Just checked the reviews for the route on the JR site and there is no mention of a problem in any of the 4 reviews, with dates ranging from early May to early July.

I will say the route itself does not appear to have any issues (just ran a consist from one end to the other, checking a few spurs along the way.) The route is very well done with great attention to detail and only a very few minor visual issues (a road clipping into the ground, vegetation placed on a road). The operational issues are with the included sessions.

Hope that helps.

There is still a track problem with an abandoned switch on the spur that leads to Tidewater Coal Co., just past Jct. 573060. This causes a derailment, which prevents the completion of the Shunting Work session.

Gary

The fix is in progress of testing with our team. It should be out in the next few weeks once we can get our folks to test it well enough to feel good letting it out there.

Note that we didnt cause this problem, we did no updates to our route, something pushed from N3V and caused this issue.

The fix is in progress of testing with our team. It should be out in the next few weeks once we can get our folks to test it well enough to feel good letting it out there.

Note that we didnt cause this problem, we did no updates to our route, something pushed from N3V and caused this issue.

Thank you!

Would you care to rephrase that? I own both versions of the route, and I just compared the yard entrance to Tidewater, between the T:ANE version and the 2019 version, using the option to create a new session. It's quite plain that something WAS changed on the route. The "Tidewater Junction" in T:ANE is on the yard side of the crossing, while in 2019, that same junction is on the other side of the crossing and required the insertion of a 2d crossing section of track. Further, the signal gantry is a 5 track version in T:ANE, and a 4 track version in 2019.

This isn't my first route, nor my first experience with Trainz. While the routes are, in fact, very well done, and do look pretty darn awesome, someone screwed the pooch. Please don't sit there and blame N3V for something that wasn't their fault.

I reported the problem with the sessions LAST YEAR via the JointedRail support ticketing system. I was told the problem was on my side because no one else had reported any issues. No effort was made to verify. It required a post to a public forum to get action. To be fair, this is the only "bad" customer support experience I've had with JointedRail products. But please, don't add insult to injury.

My apologies to everyone else reading this rant. But N3V cause enough real problems without having to shoulder the blame for something like this.

There was absolutely zero change done to the route and released by us from day 1 on Tidewater, for either version, TANE had worked fine for quite a while, then Alex did the TS19 version. It was released as working and functional as the problem in question was only brought up to us in mass about when this thread started. Alex did absolutely no change, nor uploaded any change for either version of the route in this time span so how did we change something and it mysteriously break?

How were we supposed to verify your one off possible problem at the time when no one at the time could actually re-create the issue? Don't get me wrong this game does weird things, we had one pop up just starting to test the fixed route/sessions for this, it didn't work correctly at a junction on first install, but we deleted it and reinstalled again and somehow....it was 100% the 2nd time around. How is that possible? We don't even know, because on both instances there were no Open for Edits, all dependencies installed and nothing out of the ordinary.

The route worked without issues until SP1. Then i'll tried to fix those issues and that was done, then was released SP2 those issues appear again, then i'm tried to fix those issues once more time. I've done sessions from scratch, tested all variants and no more issues, JR team doesn't found any issues. Route and sessions must be works well on 113142 build and previous build too.

There was absolutely zero change done to the route and released by us from day 1 on Tidewater, for either version, TANE had worked fine for quite a while, then Alex did the TS19 version. It was released as working and functional as the problem in question was only brought up to us in mass about when this thread started. Alex did absolutely no change, nor uploaded any change for either version of the route in this time span so how did we change something and it mysteriously break?

How were we supposed to verify your one off possible problem at the time when no one at the time could actually re-create the issue? Don't get me wrong this game does weird things, we had one pop up just starting to test the fixed route/sessions for this, it didn't work correctly at a junction on first install, but we deleted it and reinstalled again and somehow....it was 100% the 2nd time around. How is that possible? We don't even know, because on both instances there were no Open for Edits, all dependencies installed and nothing out of the ordinary.

SP1 was issued in December 2019. Reviews cover the period May through early July 2020 with no mention of issues (other than someone having trouble finding dependencies). I purchased the 2019 version of the route in June 2020 and reported the problem in August or September 2020. SP2 came out in December 2020. SP3 came out April 2021.

Here is the Yard entrance in T:ANE version. Note the placement of "Junction Tide Water" and the signal gantry
TANE-Yard-Entrance.jpg

Here is the yard entrance in the 2019 version. The junction has moved, another crossing was added and the signal gantry is changed.
2019-Yard-Entrance.jpg

So,ok, a Service Pack update made the changes. I apologize for the rant. Obviously I am mistaken. I can't remember when I installed the Service Packs. I usually wait a month to see what the fallout looks like. Generally causes a number of errors that are usually fixed by an extended database repair.

And to the author, wearsprada, I must say you did a beautiful job and everything makes more sense now. The level of detail and the care that you put into the route are obvious. You didn't just update the original, you gave us a masterpiece. What you did with the former Mapleton yard and port area alone is amazing.

And for those that may never have seen the original, here is the same view to the yard entrance
Original-Yard-entrance.jpg

That's actually an updated version of the original, compliant with Trainz 12 and tweaked by the author. Crossings, roads, and track were replaced.

EDIT: Apologies if there is any confusion about the last image. I just wanted to show how much better the new route looks and how much work was put into it versus what the original looked like.

Last edited:
Jeezus............its now November almost December and this issue is still not resolved ????? WTH..........if this was actually caused by NV3 with the update I would like a refund...sessions completely useless

Yes i agree with this, when is it going to be fixed ? There is a new version of trainz underway, but the rail part that derails train at the start of container session is still there.

Jeezus............its now November almost December and this issue is still not resolved ????? WTH..........if this was actually caused by NV3 with the update I would like a refund...sessions completely useless

This has needed some rather extensive testing since we wanted to make sure it was going to be 100% this time around with no issues. With that said re-download and reinstall the purchased files from the JR site for the fixed versions of route/sessions and other content that was changed.

If you've purchased from N3V you'll need to wait for them to push the updates out.

Last edited:
This has needed some rather extensive testing since we wanted to make sure it was going to be 100% this time around with no issues. With that said re-download and reinstall the purchased files from the JR site for the fixed versions of route/sessions and other content that was changed.

If you've purchased from N3V you'll need to wait for them to push the updates out.

Thank you for the new update.

I have two missing items/kuids which are <kuid2:156765:100440:2>,<kuid2:506034:5892534:1>

Kind regards,

Craig

Back