Reucing the density of trees

Ghost42

Age may be influencing me here, but is there a tool/setting to reduce the quantity by a percentage?
I have a feeling that I may have done this in the past.

Go to the bulk update/replace/delete tool. The former Bulk update tool in TANE.

In the space on the right, put in the asset you want to delete.

Set the percentage. It's at 20%, but set it higher or lower.

Press the begin button (I think it's called that).

The process isn't too bad, but here's a warning for something I discovered the very hard and drastic way.

If you decide to replace assets later, ensure you've unchecked the delete assets box! I ended up deleting most of my pine and spruce trees from a route and the backups I have are too old, shame on me, to go back and undo what I did. I've been busy repopulating my higher elevations with pines a small forest at a time.

Go to the bulk update/replace/delete tool. The former Bulk update tool in TANE.

In the space on the right, put in the asset you want to delete.

Set the percentage. It's at 20%, but set it higher or lower.

Press the begin button (I think it's called that).

The process isn't too bad, but here's a warning for something I discovered the very hard and drastic way.

If you decide to replace assets later, ensure you've unchecked the delete assets box! I ended up deleting most of my pine and spruce trees from a route and the backups I have are too old, shame on me, to go back and undo what I did. I've been busy repopulating my higher elevations with pines a small forest at a time.

Ah! The trainz encyclopedia (or should that be google in 2021 :) ) just what I was looking for, the anti-stutter tool! Thanks John.
Edit: The 20% does a fine job but being able to do 100% is going to be useful too!

Last edited:
Back