Level crossings not opening (TS2019)

CorwinB5

Hey y'all,

I've just got back into Trainz having not played since I had the first one on my oooold Mac years ago. Bought T:ANE in the Steam Sale, loved it, thought 'what the heck' and got TRS2019 as well, which has been a quantum leap in the way it looks, it's fantastic.

I've almost exclusively been playing the Healesville route as it's really well done, and the locos and stock perform well (I love using steam locos over diesels).

I have got this slightly annoying issue where the level crossing gates don't open for the trains. It only happens in 2019 and not T:ANE and the fault is both with the Lilydale crossing and the gate at the quarry.

Pic of what I mean:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BjZzrBQA8x7F1h4Z4BPtoGs4b4C8ORDn/view?usp=sharing

I've had a search and found this thread:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...railroad-crossings-work-in-Trainz-2019-Solved

But I've had no luck with trying the same thing (downloading new versions of all ATLS files). Has anyone else had this issue and if so, did you manage to solve it?

Many thanks

Corbs

Have this bug too, in this route and in ECML Edinburgh-Dundee. Reported a long time ago, still not fixed in SP2.

Do you think it's a game issue or something to do with the specific routes?

It's not the routes because many routes share the same assets. It's the crossing assets that are the issue. If they use TRC, not ATLS, then the assets need updating. There's been other discussions about crossing not working related to the TRC crossings.

TRC have the single small red arrow track-object and not the multiple components that the ATLS system has.

I have trouble getting the TRC assets to work on a particular route I modified. I replaced the components with the more complex ATLS assets and everything works fine.

Discussed before and there's a simple fix. The problem is they didn't name the ATLS controller, which in TRS19 is clearly labelled on the ATLS info MUST be done. The solution is to add another ATLS controller (edit session, or edit the route but probably means editing the config file of every session to then link to your version of the route). You need to then name the controller and give it the radio number of the trigger etc for each gate. Problem solved.

Discussed before and there's a simple fix. The problem is they didn't name the ATLS controller, which in TRS19 is clearly labelled on the ATLS info MUST be done. The solution is to add another ATLS controller (edit session, or edit the route but probably means editing the config file of every session to then link to your version of the route). You need to then name the controller and give it the radio number of the trigger etc for each gate. Problem solved.

Actually pretty simple for a route-kuid change. I use Search and Replace Master when I have a bunch of assets to update. I wish there was an easier way to do this without resorting to changing things by editing config files. A simple rename, or repoint could be done with a simple fill in the blanks wizard-thing with the good old-fashioned next button.

But, why should we have to go through these geeky steps? The process should easier than that, now that I think of it. When a route is cloned, there should be an option to clone any associated sessions with it if there are any to do so.

Last edited:
This occurs on built-in routes, so it's up to N3V to fix the mess.

Last edited:
Update the trc and atls components if you work with tane sp2 and up and ts2019 else it won't work.
The routes are not having this updated components, like triggers and so on.
For atl it is even named what needs to be updated on dls, serarch for atls.

For trc, download the new version from the creators site, you need also some extra lines in the config to make it work under ts2019. But you can contact vincenth for details.
Under tane i think you can use the older system. Al these assets are 3.7 for tane and 4.5 for ts2019.

Hope this helps.

Auran can not fix it, because then a route would only work on ts2019 and not on tane anymore because of the higher build of the assets, it is up to the maker from the route, to create a 2019 version.

Nobody said it would be easy.

Last edited:
If the crossings are ATLS type, and you are running TRS19 SP2, as Alikiwi suggests, this may be your problem. If the asset channels are set to 'MAP' instead of a channel number, I have been unable to get any of it to work. If you set all the assets back to a channel number, it corrects it. boat has stated that the older assets would fail at a later date, which with SP2 they broke for me.

I went and deleted the old ATLS Controller found under the Buildings Tab and used the new ATLS Controller Trigger under the Tracks, Trackside mode tab, and if needed added the new Slave under the same tab. The new controller goes onto the invisible track. The new controller will control 3 assets in either direction of the controller on the invisible track, if you need more, you add the new Slave onto the track.

The triggers used are the originals, so you just need to make sure they have a channel number matching your controller.

All ATLS assets still work in TRS19 SP2 but how you name them is different as all assets must be named and named differently. =ATLS21[0,1,2], =ATLS21[0,1,2](a), =ATLS21[0,1,2](b) and so on. All my ATLS assets are saved to map and only a couple reverted back to the default setting.

The ATLS assets work fine if you are using the latest versions and setup everything in the route.

Back