Problem downloading previewpass:sc450 and Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch

PlimSickens

Hello everyone,

Let me preface this by saying I'm absolutely terrible at explaining things so please bear with me if I talk in circles or make next to no sense. With that said, I'm having problems downloading these two items from the content store. Initially, these two items downloaded just fine, but after they were done installing the download button next to them changed from 'download' to 'update' and this is where my problem begins.

I first click update on 'previewpass:sc450' and wait for it to install at which point it disappears from the updates list. I then click update on 'Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch' and wait for it to install at which point an error pops up (see below) and 'previewpass:sc450' re-appears in the update list.

The error I get with Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch is this.

CDP package installation failed:
Error: Failed to download precached data for package 'sc450' at version '12345' for platform 'standard-3'
1 Error 0 warnings

I click cancel on the error dialogue box and 'Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch' disappears from the updates list. I then once again click update on 'previewpass:sc450' and wait for it to install at which point 'Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch' re-appears in the update list.

So I click update on 'Trainz Route: Midwestern Branch' and wait for it to install at which point I get the same error as before and you guessed it 'previewpass:sc450' re-appears in the updates list. See the pattern here? This just goes back and forth.

How can I fix this? I would like to be able to use this route seeing as I paid for it when I bought the platinum edition of TRS19.

SC450 and Midwestern Branch are one and the same. This is why there's a problem with installing both. If you want the Midwestern Branch, only install that one and ignore the Preview one, i.e. SC450.

Here's a link I put up in the other thread on the same subject.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161946-Previewpass-sc450&p=1851855#post1851855

This is a N3V created error and they need to address this. There's more than a few posts regarding the same error in another thread so don't feel left out. The error, of course, occurred as they went on Christmas-New Year's holiday break so they need to address this when they return. I'm not sure if they returned today, or coming back soon.

Welcome to Trainz and the forums.

Last edited:
Hi John, thank you for your help. I agree I hope they address this once they return from their break (whenever that may be) as it is downright confusing. :confused:

I have one more question. What are these items marked as 'previewpass:sc4xx' in the content store and is it necessary for me to download them?

EDIT: Never mind it appears these items are automatically downloaded when you download the corresponding DLC. My guess is they're asset packs?

Last edited:
Hi John, thank you for your help. I agree I hope they address this once they return from their break (whenever that may be) as it is downright confusing. :confused:

I have one more question. What are these items marked as 'previewpass:sc4xx' in the content store and is it necessary for me to download them?

No it's not necessary to download these unless you are a Gold or Plus owner. The Preview versions are for Gold and Plus owners. These users get to preview upcoming versions of various assets for about 2-3 weeks before they become available for others to purchase. In addition to the various DLC, the Plus users also get to beta-testing upcoming Trainz versions. These users also get the final version free once it's released. This is a 100% subscription-based version and is quite inexpensive.

This is where I think the issue lies. Those with the Gold or Plus subscriptions have no issues such as myself. I never got smacked by this and it took me until yesterday to figure out why. I'm slow that way a lot of times! Those that don't have the These versions are seeing the preview pass versions, which they shouldn't, and when they download it, it breaks the released Midwestern route because they share the same data folder (package folder).

With that said, I too hope this gets sorted out soon. It appears the guys are back from their vacation. I saw Rob lurking in the forums and he's one of the staff.

I hope I got this straight and it makes sense.

Hi All
Our team are currently looking into the errors being seen when downloading the Midwest Grain DLC, and this should hopefully be resolved fairly soon.

Regards

This issue should be resolved. Please let us know if you're still having problems with sc450.

Back