What is it? ---- Name that asset --- post it here!

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
In the same vein as the Missing assets thread, here is a thread for when we need help with searching for an asset that we know of, but can't find. There are many of those, unfortunately, with names we can't remember making them difficult to find in Content Manager. By soliciting help from the community here, someone with their vast Trainz knowledge can usually tell us what we need.

Note to moderators: If this thread has been placed in the wrong forum, please move it to it's proper location.

I'm still searching for <kuid2:122285:1012:2>. I know it's an AJS terrain spline that was originally packaged as part of Andi06's Tunnel Pack. It was the only thing I couldn't update when I DLed SP2.

Mark

<kuid2:122285:1012:1> AJS Terrain Spline 20x00 TRS19 builin and is on the DLS.
Also included with
<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
<kuid2:154322:100063:19> ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE

And allready it's turned into a missing kuid thread.

Last edited:
Wrong kuid. I'm looking for 1012:2.

Install this one anyway if you don't already have it. Show asset versions in CM. This it'll will open a new window. You will have to use download this version by right-clicking on the :1.

If you can't find the asset...

You can go to the White Pages. This is the original Download Station, which used to be black but was updated to have white pages instead.

http://dls.trainzportal.com/

Search for the asset.

Use Download using FTP to download the CDP. The download-helper is obsolete for TANE and up and hasn't worked reliably in ages.

Last edited:
I already have <kuid2:122285:1012:1>. It shows as newer version available. When I list asset versions, <kuid2:122285:1012:2> is shown, but the location is unavailable and it will not download.

I have gone to the DLS webpage and searched under the kuid, the asset name, even under assets made by andi06, but it is not there.

I have gone to the webpage where I first got the asset in TANE;

http://ajsmith.ueuo.com/trs/tunnel01.shtml

But the asset was never updated there either.

Kinda looks like this one is doomed.

andi06 passed away some time ago so extremely unlikely that he updated it.

What requires this version? kuid please.

WOW. So sorry to hear of that, Malc. My condolences go out to any of his friends here.

I guess nothing really *requires* it. It was just the only thing in my library that I couldn't update. I guess I'll just delete it.

This same asset is being reported elsewhere since SP2. It is built-in Newer version available, but the newer version shows as unknown. This is probably not the right thread for this, as we know what the name of the asset is.

Just had a thought, this worked for another dependency that was showing location unknown, try deleting it, worked here and the missing dependency was no longer missing, totally illogical.

Just had a thought, this worked for another dependency that was showing location unknown, try deleting it, worked here and the missing dependency was no longer missing, totally illogical.

That's exactly what I did after it, <kuid2:122285:1012:2>, mysteriously appeared as an unknown in the TS19 SP2 update, deleted it and now it's completely vanished off the radar - strange!

Rob.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. I did not know you could do a delete from a "list asset versions".. :2 disappeared, and now :1 shows as built-in with no newer versions available. Thanks guys!

The late great BenDorsey's Flume Kits and other stuff

I downloaded all of Bendorsey's steam and dual flume kit parts, but I am having some trouble finding either the splines that go with the kit or straight pipe parts that went with it. I seem to have all the flume kit objects in surveyor but other parts seem to be missing. Does anyone know if the entire kit was finished, and if so what are the names or keywords to the other parts?

Example of the parts:
New_Flume_Kit_Part_1 <kuid2:210518:10792:1>

I also believe I downloaded some sort of asset relating the servicing of diesel engines, probably during the transition era, but I can't remember what its called.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't this one:
Diesel_Service_Facility <kuid2:210518:2952:3>

I also remember downloading it because, if i recall, it had something to do with lights.

Ok, that's all I've got!

Great thread JCitron, thanks for making it.

Back