aircraft trigger

Hi all
I am making an air port with c17s by Vulcan
I have drive to trackmark 1 with an aircraft trigger just before it to open the door
But they open to quickly is there a way to delay the trigger
Hope this makes sense

Matt
:'(

It makes sense. You want the door to open as the airplane approaches it, using a trigger. But you want it to wait, then open the door. Why not just push the trigger further up the track?

You could put a "wait for 5 Sec" between the drive to trackmark comand and the trigger. Move the trigger to the track mark.

Hi all
I am making an air port with c17s by Vulcan
I have drive to trackmark 1 with an aircraft trigger just before it to open the door
But they open to quickly is there a way to delay the trigger
Hope this makes sense

Matt
:'(

Hi Matt. I have a number of Vulcans aircraft on my layouts and use the triggers for various aircraft actions but didn't realize that their was one to open doors. I couldn't find any details as to what number to use for the trigger other then manually using the H key. Can you advise me what aircraft you are using and what number to set the trigger. Many thanks.

Hi if you click on the asset in content manager
it will tell you all the settings for it eg keys trigger settings etc don't forget commands horns and start aircraft engine and vbh keys

Hi guys,

I try to keep the trigger settings constant for the aircraft but there are some variations, for each aircraft the triggers are defined in the aircraft config description. For example the B key (trigger 2) is used to start all aircraft, the H key often opens doors but is used to lift helicopters 15 metres above the track for a realistic take-off. There are also AI rules for starting aircraft and elevating the helicopters.

For the more complicated military aircraft, I use a lot of triggers, (flares, missiles, stopping reduce speed, tail chute, doors etc,) so it is important to read the config. The Eurofighter for example:

- horn H key fires three sets of missiles and the gun in sequence - press the H key multiple times;
- start or stop engines - use the B key;
- flare the aircraft for takeoff or landing, V key or trigger setting 3;
- tyre smoke on landing, use trigger setting 4;
- drag chute deployment for normal landing, use trigger setting 5;
- activate flares from the rear of the aircraft, use trigger setting 6;
- catapult launch, for carrier operation, use trigger setting 8;
- trapping on landing (instant stop), use trigger setting number 9
- deploy refuelling probe, use trigger setting number 10.

You should be able to change the trigger radius in Surveyor to give better control. If you are flying around a loop, you need invisible speed limits, and drive via a standard track trigger set just before you want to land. If you drive direct to a trigger at the airport the aircraft will slow down too soon before landing.

Ian

Back