Route/Layout not loading in TRS2019 (taking forever)

Axe,

Since you have a CDP, meaning a backup of the route, try a delete missing assets in TANE to clear it up. That seems to fix a lot of things including those that aren't missing.

Once complete, export to a new CDP and import that into TRS2019 and see how it goes. It could be that TRS2019 is attempting to go through corrupted data if there is any.

Axe,

Since you have a CDP, meaning a backup of the route, try a delete missing assets in TANE to clear it up. That seems to fix a lot of things including those that aren't missing.

Once complete, export to a new CDP and import that into TRS2019 and see how it goes. It could be that TRS2019 is attempting to go through corrupted data if there is any.

Thanks for your reply John. I have done this numerous times. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Trs2019 CM isn't reporting any missing discepancy's or faulty content. I have also updated all my installed content. I have also done numorous database rebuilds and I haven't had any luck.

Route works well in tane sp3, and some people who I have sent the cdp to have reported that TRS2019 sp1 seems to load the route ok.

Thanks again.

Regards

axe

I have a question for you Axe. Why does the Route & Base .cdp's both end with :127?

Cheers, Mac...

Foot note; I had another go last night at trying to load the route in surveyor in SP2. After one hour it still hadn't loaded, so I gave up!!!

It's got me stumped...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
I have a question for you Axe. Why does the Route & Base .cdp's both end with :127?

Cheers, Mac...

During one of my many tries to get this to work I tried to change the kuid number. I changed it to a kuid2 number and content manager added the 127.

When I tried to clone that route, it changed the kuid back to a normal kuid, but you still have the kuid2 version. I haven't had any luck with anything I have tried. Although I still haven't tried to delete base boards in Tane yet. Then import them to TRS2019. Might give that a go tomorrow.

I also download my Oxford to Queens TS2012 route off the DLS, and I seem to be getting the same result. I have saved that and deleted missing assets and that also made no difference.

Regards

I think I have worked out whats wrong.

Can you please try deleting or replacing the following assets in TANE, then export your route to CDP and try loading it into TRS2019 SP2.

Faulty Assets:
<kuid:46415:28105> Sign_Beacons_ATC_QR_3
<kuid:46415:28100> Sign_Beacons_ATC_QR_2

I think I have worked out whats wrong.

Can you please try deleting or replacing the following assets in TANE, then export your route to CDP and try loading it into TRS2019 SP2.

Faulty Assets:
<kuid:46415:28105> Sign_Beacons_ATC_QR_3
<kuid:46415:28100> Sign_Beacons_ATC_QR_2

That WORKED ;) !!!

Thanks Phil. I don't know what to say. I had almost given up on even trying again. I have replaced those assets which I used to use around industries to show where the load & unload spots were, and the route loaded in about 2 minutes. :) :)

I'll go back and check if this also works in my Oxford to Queens TS12 route.

So happy.

Regards

Axe

Glad you got it working Axe. I got mine installed too, the first time I CDP'd the route and dependencies, I don't think TRS19 liked being forced fed TANE assets even though the exact same ones are used in TRS19, this time I just did the route and all was ok, just missing lots of stuff that was in the DLS.

Axe asked me how I worked out the problem. To find what I suspected was a faulty asset I applied a common program debugging strategy. Note that the route loaded without issue into TRS2019 SP1. In case it helps anyone else here is what I did...

1. split the 'in doubt' observations (assets) in half in TRS2019 SP1 (the starting set was all those Axe used which I hadn't previously used myself), and 'disable' that half in CMP.
2. use the 'Delete Missing Assets' tool in SP1 Surveyor to remove the disabled assets from the route
3. save route to a CDP and loaded into SP2
4. if it loads then the faulty asset is in the disabled half. Go back to SP1 and enable them again, and disable the 'good' half - we can eliminate these from future iterations.
OR
if the CDP wouldn't load into SP2 the faulty asset is still enabled. Go back to SP1, and again disable half the remaining 'in doubt' assets.
5. repeat from step 2 until the faulty assets are the only ones left.

For Axe's problem there were a few of hundred 'in-doubt' assets. It took ten iterations, and about an hour and a half to find the bad ones.
Of course if there are faulty assets in both halves at any point in the process then things get a little messy. Luckily in this case there were just two adjacent errors

Last edited:
Thank you for this Phil.

The good old process of elimination. Who would have thought it was a script that was hanging up, but then again so much has changed now between versions, including within versions and service packs, that we should stay on our toes and watch for things like this now.

Thank you for this Phil.

The good old process of elimination. Who would have thought it was a script that was hanging up, but then again so much has changed now between versions, including within versions and service packs, that we should stay on our toes and watch for things like this now.

binary elimination :D

Thank-you...the info in this thread helped me get my personal layout to work again after SP2 caused it to hang on loading.

Back