Trainz to minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Seen people copying buildings into minecraft from other sources, you do need a good 3d model that you can look at from all sides

Decied i wanted to try it and choose shop Chipping Campden after realizing i made one small mistake the front door should have had a step too late i did complete it

So Trainz now inspired a Minecraft build only for my own use to add to my city.

Any comments?

Tom

did fix the problem made the building on edge of town footpath ends just before this building road will probly be worn stone or cobbletone using cobblestone, stone and anasite, with gravel footpath at ground level

Tom

Added Broadway 1 with the double doors on right its a furniture store, Duttons cameras and Haydon & Lynch real estate then did 4 types of teasements of my own design 2 x 2 bedroom and 2 x 4 bedroom

Enjoy your self

Tom

If you want some neat trains and don't mind waiting, you can wait for the release of the Trains In Motion (TrainCraft rewrite) mod. Its currently in alpha at the moment. You are also able to make your own custom content for the mod, kind of like Trainz.

Hi There-

when it comes to minecraft and trains, there is a lot of good stuff out there. The traincraft mod in particular is an extremely good one with a whole lot of trains in it. I actually kept in very close contact with the developers and content creators in discord and helped out with some stuff but have since moved on. You have stuff like the NKP & PM berkshires, MILW A class hiawatha, SP GS-4, diesels like GP7, SD 40, SD 70, H-10-44, F3/F7, and a whole lot more. There's also the immersive railroading mod which is a lot more realistic, with extremely detailed models like a life sized big boy, with animated bell, whistle, moving side rods, etc. I'll post the links if you're interested:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/traincraft
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/immersive-railroading

-Thanks, Joe

looks like I did not post this one the one I think is the best

The Modern Cinema by Tafweb ...

Was looking for a large one for my map and found it then glitched 2 together by accident in a perfect combination love the shape that come out. Inside 4 cinemas on top 2 levels with seating area and a vending machine, ground floor has booking area, male & female toliet, drink, ice cream & popcorn stands and more seating. The 2 glass area have staircases in them and I did add a sign on roof that did not exist that is lit up.

Cinema.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a You Tube video and it did not look good. The constructs were various sized blocks arranged to look like trains. If that is the subject of the message it is a great advertisement for TRAINZ!!

I mean, you could always just go into blender and use 1 meter by 1 meter cubes to make your buildings.

Boleyd, that’s what Minecraft is. A cube game. It uses a voxel-based art style that gives the game a retro vibe. There are modifications you can do that add non-cubic objects and make the textures better but the train aspect cannot compare to Trainz. The best train mod for Minecraft is Immersive Railroading. It’s pretty much Trainz for Minecraft, but with almost no detail, unlike a model made by JointedRail or literally anyone else on the DLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back