UMR2021

As long as track isn't moved where cars are siting, moving session from one version to another does work. Also good idea to check that trackmarks haven't changed. I moved a session from 19 to 20 that crashed and found that the schedule for some trains had trackmarks that been removed in 20.
I think the smoking car in the Amtrax consist is bad. I removed it and move the consist away form the portal. Ran it as far as Grantly.

As always Neal Thanks for a great route.

Rob

Well, there should be the Amtrak heading east, a manifest freight heading west, and two Via rail RDCs. The only other rolling stock should be a little CP switcher, and whatever is sitting at the railroad museum. Oh, there may be a few covered hoppers in which I forgot to delete.

Ahh, ok. So it looks like it has loaded correctly then. Thanks.

Cheers,
Piere.

Going from end to end will probably take 6-7 hours, give or take...

Neil,
A couple of things:
For the first time in many,many installations, this route installed without any missing, payware or faulty dependencies.
So, congratulations for a fine effort

About the quote above:
I created a "Discovery" session which starts in the Ashleigh area and concludes at the Schaumburg Portal.
Totally AI, and it took 67 VIA trackmarks to run it. 362 miles long.
And yes, it took 7 hours and 15 minutes to complete.

Again, thanks for a magnificent effort.

Cheers,
Laurie

N3V, PLEASE rewrite the AI so that it functions correctly!!!!

The case below refers to UMR2021

A case in point;
A train (#1) enters a stub-end industry (so it can clear the main for an opposing train).
Train #1 is directed to a Track Mark, told to Halt, told to Reverse Direction, told to Wait 6 minutes, told to Drive Via another Track Mark (which is out on the main), and on from there....
Train #1, after the Wait Cmd, will, without fail, NOT Reverse Direction, but continues into the industry, where it eventually figures out that it went the wrong direction. Train #1 the reverses and follows the Command List as written.

AM I doing something wrong???

Dave......More frustrated than I want to be!!!

Dave that is perfectly normal - sadly. I have many sessions (I created) where you tell the AI to go into a siding. Then go to another where it requires it to drive forwards through a junction, throw the switch and reverse into another (bit like a run around). It'll drive through the junction and just keep on going! Often this is fixed by simply tapping on the order it is supposed to be following, and then it'll stop and reverse - we hope!

alikiwi,

Thanks for responding......I least I know that I'm not alone in my cell!

Dave

@DaveL... I would suggest getting rid of the "reverse direction" command? My only thought is maybe after it reverses direction, once told to drive it reverses direction again​ and continues in its original direction?

soap,

A valid suggestion, however, I have run that section of my session many times, both with and
without the "Reverse Direction" command.
Oh, and I it use other places and it works as it should.

Dave

First off Neil, what an amazing job on this route !, what for you is home, is vacation to me ;-)
Actually was searching a route from Toronto to Cochrane for my new (classic) Northlander trainset
but i think this will come close in landscaping/ambiance

Downloading for a week now, day and night (never had or wanted firstclass ticket)
first all basic things, think i skip a few hundred of the cars and trucks
I only have TRS19 European, so have to download near all contents.
a few missing seems to be in my TANE, but when i bring them over
all are reported faulty because of the annoying .texture (-missing texture in trs19) errors
repaired a few that i think are essential, most show as payware, cause they are build-in in TANE
and if i look at some of those (payware) contents I would be ashamed of myself if i gave it away as freeware lol.

But I will stop complaining and just enjoy the route as is.
Will make a session for the Northlander trainset in UMR2021
it will be available when i release the train.
NLumr.jpg

Had to laugh when i saw the village Marklin, since the TEEram/Northlander is a classic Marklin model

big thanks to you and all that contributed to UMR2021
greetings GM

Hey Neil,

Awesome route, had many of your routes before I was away from trainz for 8 years... always enjoy your content!!

I am missing two dependencies:

kuid:453099:100070
kuid: 453099:100952

can"t seem to locate them... I believe I have installed all the routes that came with the premium edition of 2019... any ideas?

<kuid:453099:100070> Seasonal Grass - 01
<kuid:453099:100952> FFR Dirt & Leaves 01

Dependants for 100070:
<kuid:95512:101263> UMR2021
<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
<kuid2:515942:100056:11> Fall Harvest - Nebraska
<kuid2:523:19723122:18> Kickstarter County

Dependants for 100952:
<kuid:95512:101263> UMR2021
<kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division

Downloaded UMR2021 (took a full week)
21 missing (even 2 from Auran) https://i.ibb.co/zbNRgqN/umrmissing.jpg
39 modified (i had to repair) https://i.ibb.co/6s9SrmJ/umrmodfaulty.jpg
3 faulty (are in my TAne but payware I cant use or repair)
not asking for files its just feedback, it works fine without.

Downloaded the UMR2021 - BASE SESSION from DLS (360 extra items)
the base session has 21 consist floating above a lake (here)
could it be i miss a ferry? where are they supposed to start?
umrses2.jpg

I love the museum part in the session
greetings GM

Question for Neil,

How did he get the JMR vader signals to work in TRS19? Accidentally deleted some and tried to set up new ones, with no luck - can't configure routes...

Question for Neil,

How did he get the JMR vader signals to work in TRS19? Accidentally deleted some and tried to set up new ones, with no luck - can't configure routes...

You're the first one to notice that!!! I actually figured it out by fluke. If you place the vader signals on the route, they can NOT be configured properly. BUT.....the ones already on the route DID work, so I copied and pasted them to a track hidden away behind the scenes. Now whenever I need them, I copy and paste that track with all the signals, and drag the signals to where I needed them, and then reconfigure them as necessary. If you hit "1", while in surveyor on the UMR2021, you'll see what I mean.

Downloaded UMR2021 (took a full week)
21 missing (even 2 from Auran) https://i.ibb.co/zbNRgqN/umrmissing.jpg
39 modified (i had to repair) https://i.ibb.co/6s9SrmJ/umrmodfaulty.jpg
3 faulty (are in my TAne but payware I cant use or repair)
not asking for files its just feedback, it works fine without.

Downloaded the UMR2021 - BASE SESSION from DLS (360 extra items)
the base session has 21 consist floating above a lake (here)
could it be i miss a ferry? where are they supposed to start?
umrses2.jpg

I love the museum part in the session
greetings GM

Looks like the BNSF freight lost its way! Not sure why that would have happened. I wonder if anyone else has had that problem....

You're the first one to notice that!!! I actually figured it out by fluke. If you place the vader signals on the route, they can NOT be configured properly. BUT.....the ones already on the route DID work, so I copied and pasted them to a track hidden away behind the scenes. Now whenever I need them, I copy and paste that track with all the signals, and drag the signals to where I needed them, and then reconfigure them as necessary. If you hit "1", while in surveyor on the UMR2021, you'll see what I mean.

You sir, are the hero we need!!! Thank you!!!

Back