UMR2021

Man, what a drag this game can be for newbies. All these downloading options, launchers, launcher codes, stations, windows, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

I tried to be a hero and download this UMR2021 route/session/map? So Isearched for it in the download station on this website, there was like 10 versions/maps/files for it. So I searched for the one with the author's name, found it. No idea why I did this so than I opened my Trainz game (Always via steam) and went in the routes/download store and searched for UMR2021

I clicked download and the famous in game download manager opened, I've been looking for it for days....ok so it started downloading.......once it finished downloading it said installing...cool than I was waiting and waiting and waiting, after 15 mins all I did was click minimize to go look at other content etc. Than I couldn't find the effin download manager to see what was happening. I figured it downloaded it?

Than I clicked on UMR2020 to download it to bring the download manager up that way and it started downloading UMR 2020...i clicked stop......than it stopped and in the download manager it was now saying down loading umr2021 again..........so i said screw this.....i clicked stop it was taking an hour to close, the game wouldnt exit either. So I hit the alt tab buttons and closed the game that way. Restarted Trainz and went into content store from the main launch window and it started adding and checking for files...now in my purchased files section I have about 100 assets called simc431, simc641 and one called simc485 in the update section. What do I do now with all this???:eek::confused:

Last edited:
Can be confusing easywolf

UMR2021 is a freeware route on the Download station
you need a route and atleast 1 session (begin with something by neilsmith)

In Content Manager, set filter on UMR
right click the route and select List dependencies recursively
a new window opens, make sure you download all files marked On downloadstation available
Do the same for the session file
Install atleast DLC (payware) route Sebino lake
now you have most files.

You don't need UMR2020 or older UMR2021 is the best
simc431 etc. etc. are DLC packages and they are accessed through the normal menu
let us know how you progress
greetings GM

Hey GM, please don't get mad, I just need to vent a little, as I was in the process of following instructions on how to go about looking for any missing assets and moving my asset folder to the D drive before I decided to download this umr2021 thingy like the utter moron that I am.

I should never have attempted this, reading the first few posts on this topic seems like everything is going to be as easy as buying and downloading a DLC, but it's an effin nightmare........

Please help me.....I thought all these weird assets that appeared in my download manager or whatever you effin call that screen from the first launcher would go away if i went in game and deleted the umr2021 route. So I did that and none disappeared, than I clicked on cancel update in simc485 and that german track popped out and needed an update. I click on that update and it's a massive 5gb download, that what the HELL is going on. Someone please put an effin note on that first post please that this sh!t is really hard to figure out and download and install so if your a newbie best to avoid. How can I completely just remove all this crap I dont even know where to start now. I hope I don't have a million simcXXX in my purchased folder now, it was so easy to manage. Now with all this crap it's disgusting lol.

I feel like I'm battling some dlc/mod updates back in 2001 this is crap!!!

Can you please help me solve all this, do I need to manually download all these 100 's of files/assets??

Last edited:
Can be confusing easywolf

In Content Manager, set filter on UMR
right click the route and select List dependencies recursively

greetings GM

GM, When I do this, the first filter should say Installed?

If Yes, I get 2 files, some plants and crap, says status built in.

What an effin ancient style downloader that piece of shyte one within the game, i love using the main one from the main launcher (Content store)

Last edited:
Would you recommend I just uninstall the entire game via steam and restart from scratch?

This way I can also move my download folder to D instead of the default C.

Or is uninstalling Trainz and all the DLC I 've downloaded all week going to be another 100 dentist visits?

I'm bummed out man, I'll delete all my crap messages after. Going forward if it;s not on steam I'm not downloading anything.

Anyhow uninstalled every dlc I had, and the game hopefully everything reinstalls tomorrow on Ima ask Steam for a refund and just play something simpler like TSW2..someone put an effin note on this first post on this topic before another newb ruins his game.

Lol, I think I know what happened.

I just reinstalled the game, deleted all the dlc...created a new D folder etc/.....

Opened the Store from the main launch window, and inside the purchased folder I found every dlc and all those simcXXX files again...

But there was every dlc from the store, even the ones I never bought.

While I was downloading this mod/route (UMR2021) I went into mytrainz account and saw some 20th anniversary rewards...I clicked on this one...and it may have added everything into my purchased folder....Could this be it? Lol sorry for all the rage posts. :p:hehe:

OFFER 2 - Enjoy all the Trainz DLC over the holidays! (CLAIMED)

To Qualify:
  1. Own TRS19 SP4 or higher, or TRS22, or be an active Trainz Plus member.
    (Gold and Silver members already have access to this content through Content Vault)

The Reward:
  1. Download and install any items you choose through your in-game Trainz Content Store.
  2. Access is provided free until January 15, 2022.
  3. On Jan 15, log in to get your 75% Discount Code from MyTrainz (valid for use Jan 15-30, 2022).
  4. Purchase any items you choose from the Trainz Store (code valid for one order only).
  5. Or, join either Silver Class or Gold Class membership to continue accessing ALL the DLC content for as long as you remain a member.

You have already claimed your DLC reward

To download your items log into either TRS19 or TRS22 and open the Content Store.

It's just still weird that I don't see all these simcXXX files in the store, only in my purchased folder. What are these files exactly? Anyone know? Can I delete them if they don;t go away? Should I try downloading UMR2021 again maybe they were a part of it?

I tried to delete some of my messages, but can't, someone with access feel free to do so if you want, thanks.

They're nothing to do with UMR. Those are DLC products (300GB worth I think so I wouldn't download them all unless you really want to).

UMR is on teh LDS - open Content Manager, not Content Store to access it.

Just trying to help here.. don't know if you know this or not..

DLC is Payware and is found in game either in a window at launch or in "Content Store" (depends on your account/version)
DLS is Freeware - "Mange Content" from the launch panel.
Then you also have free and Paid 3rd party assets available from individual 3rd party websites, usually installed into Content Manager as a CDP file.

What you see with both Payware and Freeware is what's available to you TO DOWNLOAD from the server. You don't have access to it until it's downloaded and installed. Hope that helps.

I kind of understand, but what I'm having a problem with is these 100 simc:scxxx files that have appeared out of nowhere in the launch window/content store/purchased area. Especially simc:sc485, it seems like an important one, as I'm downloading all my dlc again, I got one small error for the Niddertalbahn dlc, it mentioned file simc:sc485 something something...

What are these files, what a friggin mess. I will only download stuff I find on Steam going forward, can't trust all this content as newbie not to mess up my game.

The "sc" number is an identifier of a Route. A route can have more than one "sc" file to install.

Here is a list of the SC numbers and the route name.

Click on the "+" under "Complete DLC Listing" to expand it. Bookmark this page:

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

(Why an SC number is used for some items in the Download window not the name of the Route I can't tell you.)

And it appears you are looking at the in game DLC content window. If you are looking for UMR2021 you need to be lookiing in Content Manager as it it freeware, not Payware.

Last edited:
The "sc" number is an identifier of a Route. A route can have more than one "sc" file to install.

Here is a list of the SC numbers and the route name.

Click on the "+" under "Complete DLC Listing" to expand it. Bookmark this page:

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

(Why an SC number is used for some items in the Download window not the name of the Route I can't tell you.)

And it appears you are looking at the in game DLC content window. If you are looking for UMR2021 you need to be lookiing in Content Manager as it it freeware, not Payware.

Thanks, I did check on that page and saved it, not sure why I missed it.

It says SC485 - Niddertalbahn (TRS19 Builtin)

Yeah, I know where to find UMR2021 in the in game downloader (BTW, Is there a way to open that pos without hitting download on a route?)?

I really think all this may have happened when I accepted that free trial content for a month offer from this site. When I bought the regular Trainz on Steam last week, I went to buy the North American, UK and Euro DLC packs but it said they were already in my library. Perhaps by accepting the offer on this site, it shoved all this crap in my purchased folder, crap that came with if you bought the NA/Euro/UK packs?

Alright thanks all, glad to see it was the UMR file that was at fault..........it was my own stupidity and greed to get every pack asap. But also NV3's fault for shoving them in my purchased folder instead of just leaving them in the store so I can go get them if I wanted too.

Last edited:
Yes, it shows in the "available" window because you accepted the offer for all content evidently. When the special offer expires all that content will be gone and won't show in the window. That items that you actually purchased seprately outside of the offer will remain.

Yes, it shows in the "available" window because you accepted the offer for all content evidently. When the special offer expires all that content will be gone and won't show in the window. That items that you actually purchased seprately outside of the offer will remain.

Wow man, thanks for this answer so much. You really solved it. Thanks!!!

I was about to go into the content place and click on rebuild database. Should I do that? Since I uninstalled everything and reinstalled.

There is no need to rebuild database unless you are having asset problems or such. (See "Status" in Content Manager) - But it never hurts to rebuild. It can take a long while if you have lot's of content.

May I suggest that if you have further questions in general you please make a new post. I hate to see UMR2021 going off topic like this. This thread is for UMR2021 and we've strayed to TRS19 in general..

I have the question for UMR2018 (in TANE)--why is not "Trains" button available in Driver mode? If a create my own session, it's normal to add engines or cars later...

Back