UMR2021

neilsmith749

It's been approved, and should be available within a day or two!

******NOTE*******

THIS ROUTE WAS BUILT USING THE PLATINUM EDITION OF TRS19. ALL ASSETS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE ON THE DLS IF YOU HAVE THIS EDITION. IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT VERSION, MANY ASSETS WILL SHOW AS MISSING OR UNKNOWN.
HOPEFULLY N3V WILL MAKE ALL ASSETS ON THE DLS AVAILABLE TO ALL USERS AT SOME POINT, BUT PRESENTLY, I BELIEVE ONLY PLATINUM USERS WILL BE ABLE TO GET THE ROUTE AND ALL ASSETS.

This latest version contains about 50 miles (80 kms) of new single/double mainline and branchline trackage, along with four new towns, and one new commodity (corn gluten feed). The crossings have been fixed to work properly, and hopefully will do so in future versions as well. Superelevation has been added to most curves, though they're not all exactly perfect. There have been too many scenery upgrades to list, but most of the old towns have been given a facelift, to make them look a little more present-day.

I've been working on this latest update for the last nine months or so - I call this the COVID-update!!!! haha Though it'll never be perfect, and there will always be things that need fixing, I'm pretty happy with this version, and I hope the users will get some enjoyment out of it.

Happy New Year!!!

Last edited:

===========================
GEOGRAPHIC EXPLANATIONS
===========================

The easiest way to understand the layout of this route is to break it into three sections. The shortest is the LEWMAPLE section (circled in red). Its Eastern limit is at Blainseville Jct, and the Western limit is where it meets the mainline near Millbury.

Starting at the Easternmost point (right side)

-Blainseville Jct (no station)
-Mapleview
-Gunnison
-Valero (no station)
-Wawasee
-LEWMAPLE Jct (no station) - heading North - Dunford, Fenton, Deston, Cairn
-Fisherville
-LAMBERT Jct (no station) - heading Northwest - Springvale (no station), Patoka (no station), Bloomfield, Lambert, Edison, Coldwater(museum)
-Lewiston
-Millbury Jct (station at Millbury)

The second section is the Oakwood section (circled in yellow), which starts in the Northeast at Ashleigh, and ends in the West at Oakwood jct.

Starting at the top right (Northeast, and heading West)

-Ashleigh
-Lyle
-Gladston
-Gladston Port
-Carver (no station)
-Clarkseville - Heading East on Halden sub - Lang, Halden, Peart
-Millhurst
-Blainseville Jct (no station) - South spur to Blainseville
-Monterrey (no station)
-Flagston
-Ogden
-Caldwell
-Sherwood
-Oakwood
-Oakwood Jct (no station)

The third and longest section (circled in light purple) starts in the East at the Lewmaple Jct, and ends in the West at Schaumburg. (Only the Eastern end of this section is shown - everything to the West from here is part of this section)

Starting at Northeastern limit (top of purple area above) and heading South and then West

-Lewmaple Jct (no station)
-Oakwood Jct (no station)
-Wallace
-Millbury
-Omarin
-Laurentian Container/crude pier (no station)
-Palmer
-Barton
-Burnfield
-Lakeridge
-Joliet
-Gilby
-Travis
-Marklin
-Kallaneal - South spur to Walden (no station)
-Eccles
-Eso Flats
-Selkirk
-Grantly
-Smithville Classification Yard (no station)
-Cochrane - Northwest spur to Milton, Klein
-Madison
-Graydon
-Elmview
-Waverly
-Courtland
-Alder
-Schaumburg

================================
INDUSTRY EXPLANATIONS
================================

This is an explanation of what industries produce and consume.

LIQUID STUFF:

CRUDE: Loaded at Gilby. Unloaded at refineries in Lakeridge, Sherwood, Valero and Halden, as well as Laurentian Pier East of Palmer and a small facility in Gladston.

DIESEL: Loaded at Valero and Halden refineries, as well as at a facility in Elmview. Unloaded at mines in Halden, Blainseville and Eso Flats, Harrington Lumber, and facilities in Mapleview, Wallace, Joliet, Milton, Madison, Lambert, Courtland, Alder, and the factory in Springvale. It can also be dropped off at the loco facility in Oakwood.

PETROL FUEL (GASOLINE): Loaded at Lakeridge refinery, as well as at a facility in Elmview. Unloaded at facilities in Mapleview, Patoka, Blainseville, Ogden, Joliet, Gilby, Eccles, Milton, Madison, Lambert, Selkirk, Courtland, and East of Peart.

AVIATION FUEL: Loaded at Sherwood refinery. Unloaded at Ogden Helipad, and Millhurst and Millbury airports.

LNG: Loaded in Kallaneal. Unloaded in Gunnison and Clarkseville.

PROPANE: Loaded at Fenton. Unloaded at Elmview.

ETHANOL: Loaded at Waverly. Unloaded at Deston.

SOLID STUFF:

COAL: Loaded at mines in Halden and Blainseville. Unloaded at piers in Gladston Port and Joliet, as well as the powerstaion at Eccles.

IRON ORE: Loaded at Eso Flats. Unloaded at Grantly.

SAND AND LOOSE GRAVEL: Loaded at quarry near Fisherville. Unloaded at cement factories in Eso Flats and Millbury, as well as an aggregate industries in Madison and Alder.

CEMENT: Loaded at factories mentioned above. Delivered to pier in Gilby and factory in Grantly.

GRANULAR PLASTIC PELLETS: Loaded in Wallace. Unloaded in Joliet factory, and at industries in Elmview, Flagston and Courtland.

LIMESTONE AGGREGATE: Loaded at quarry in Lambert, and delivered to pier in Lyle.

ROCK SALT: Loaded at Waverly. Unloaded at Gunnison and Deston.

FORESTRY:

LOGS: Loaded at Harrington Lumber (East of Palmer) and Mapleview Lumber (East of Mapleview). Unloaded at mills in Flagston and Burnfield.

LUMBER: Loaded at above mills, delivered to industries in Millhurst, Mapleview, Bloomfield, Blainseville, Gilby, Marklin, Milton, Lyle, Lambert and Waverly.
BLUE NORTH PACKAGED LUMBER: Loaded at sidings in above mills. Unloaded in Millhurst, Gilby, and Elmview and Schaumburg.

WOODCHIPS: Loaded at above mills. Unloaded at pulp mills in Lang, Caldwell and Palmer, as well as Glaston Port. They can also be unloated at the plywood factory North of Deston.

BLEACHED PAPER ROLLS: Loaded at sidings in Wallace. Unloaded at facilities in Kallaneal, Cochrane, Madison, Edison, and Elmview.

AGRICULTURAL:

WHEAT: Most* elevators along the line produce wheat. Unloaded at pier in Eso Flats.

CORN: Loaded at silos in Bloomfield. Unloaded at factories in Ashleigh, Fenton and Peart, and the ethanol plant in Waverly.

BARLEY: Loaded at Omarin and Elmview. Unloaded at Bud Brewery in Gilby.
Note - Wheat, corn and barley can also be unloaded at Vincennes Feed near Gunnison.

PALLETS OF STOCKFEED: Loaded at Vincennes Feed. Unloaded at Garden Center East of Lakeridge, and at warehouse in Milton.

FRUIT PALLETS: Loaded at piers 3 and 4 in Lakeridge, and West of Elmview. Delivered to warehouses in Caldwell and Millhurst, as well as in Madison, Elmview and Alder.

SUGAR: Loaded at mill North of Oakwood Jct. Unloaded at industry in Lang West.

CORN OIL: Loaded in Ashleigh. Unloaded in Edison.

CORN SWEETENER: Loaded in Fenton. Unloaded in Klein.

POTASH: Loaded at Deston. Unloaded at the harbor in Waverly.

CORN GLUTEN FEED: Loaded in Peart. Unloaded at factory North of Klein.

HEAVY METAL:

GALVANIZED STEEL COILS: Loaded at industries in Travis and East of Gilby. Unloaded at facilities in Eso Flats, Sherwood (West), Halden, and the big factory in Palmer.

SCRAP METAL: Loaded in Walden and Milton. Unloaded at Pipe factory East of Grantly, big factory in Palmer, and at Gladston Port.

5/16" COPPER ROD: Loaded in Edison. Unloaded in Ashleigh.
Note - Bulkhead flats work well.

C-BEAMS: Loaded at big factory in Palmer. Unloaded in Millbury, Madison, Lyle and Gunnison.

PIPES: Loaded at factory East of Grantly. Unloaded in Selkirk, Lakeridge, and yard near Oakwood Jct.

TRANSFORMER: Loaded at factory in Travis. Unloaded at substation in Millhurst.

GENERAL AUTOPARTS: Loaded at Fenton. Unloaded in Caldwell.

TOFC: Loaded at yard in Madison. Unloaded in Dunford.
Note - you must download the “TOFC” pack from the freeware/rolling stock/ProductsLoads section at Jointedrail.com.

40’ WEATHERED CONTAINERS: Loaded in Eso Flats and East of Gilby. Unloaded at pier East of Palmer, in Wallace, Madison and at the Gladston Port.
Note - you must download the “Weathered Containers” pack from the freeware/rolling stock/ProductsLoads section at Jointedrail.com.

AUTOS: Load cars at plant in Caldwell. Unload in Halden, Sherwood, Madison and Eso Flats.
Note - JR freeware autoracks work really well.

MASSEY FERGUSON TRACTORS: Loaded in Carver. Unloaded at sidings in Fisherville, Gilby, and Milton.

EXCAVATORS: Picked up at factory in Cairn and dropped off at Coal pier supply track in Alder.

MISCELLANEOUS:

GENERAL GOODS: Too many to list. Some produce, some consume. What can I say?

LOCO SERVICING: Diesel fuel, water and sand can be loaded at all loco mtce facilities, as well as various other sidings.

PASSENGERS: There are 53 passenger stations located along the route. They are not set up for any kind of scheduled peak.

WOW! And - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I love your route and I'm very excited about your latest update. And Thank you for the notes above, they are very useful. I look forward to downloading and trying it out once it's available.

Thank you again and Happy New Year to you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Happy New Year, Neil!

You must be a bit of a perfectionist as I am, GRIN!!
This "update" reads more like a "rebuild".
Looking forward to NV3 getting back in the saddle again and releasing UMR 2021.

Dave

Thank you very much! Thanks for sharing! RE: "The Covid Update" - Hope that's not in the description. :) Ten years from now some 12 year old will ask his father - "UMR2021 Covid Update? - Where was the Covid Railroad located?"

This is another extraordinary effort and looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I think I'm having an issue with the base session though. Judging by the dependencies for the session, I assume there should be a lot of consists and locos scattered around the route?

When I go into the session, there are just a few locos (mostly rail-motors) across the route (maybe four or five?) but the museum area seems to be fairly well populated. I can only find one small section of grain hoppers all by themselves, and the Amtrack train which seems to generate in the far west seems to derail some of the carriages and split into just the locos running by themselves. But, overall, the route is mostly empty of trains. Is this how it's supposed to be?

I have the plus edition of TRS2019 and I don't show any missing or faulty assets or dependencies.

Cheers,
Piere.

WoW... Neil you ROCK !!
If you remember I ran a multiplayer host/server of UMR back in the 2012 days.
I would love to do that again.... PM me at mikemonti968@hotmail.com Please !!!
My new year is starting out with a nice surprise, my favorite route updated !
Thank You Sir !!!!

Guys just to let you all know I have the standard TRS19 edition installed and all working perfect with no missing or file errors. Fantastic route with really good FPS. I am running the base session onboard the Amtrak. Any idea how long it will take from start to finish. I suspect I am going to have leg cramp when I finish this one.

Neil, Great Job!!!!

All, I am having trouble downloading the route from the Download Station, could someone please give me how to go about this in detail?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

This is another extraordinary effort and looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I think I'm having an issue with the base session though. Judging by the dependencies for the session, I assume there should be a lot of consists and locos scattered around the route?

When I go into the session, there are just a few locos (mostly rail-motors) across the route (maybe four or five?) but the museum area seems to be fairly well populated. I can only find one small section of grain hoppers all by themselves, and the Amtrack train which seems to generate in the far west seems to derail some of the carriages and split into just the locos running by themselves. But, overall, the route is mostly empty of trains. Is this how it's supposed to be?

I have the plus edition of TRS2019 and I don't show any missing or faulty assets or dependencies.

Cheers,
Piere.

Well, there should be the Amtrak heading east, a manifest freight heading west, and two Via rail RDCs. The only other rolling stock should be a little CP switcher, and whatever is sitting at the railroad museum. Oh, there may be a few covered hoppers in which I forgot to delete.

As far as the Amtrak derailing, I've heard of this problem before, and thought I'd fixed it. I think the problem is one of the Superliner cars. Not sure if it's an older version of the car you have on your machine or not. I haven't heard of anyone else yet with that problem, but if others experience it as well, I'll try to swap that consist out with something else, and re-issue the base session.
If you open the session in surveyor, does it show any problems with that consist?

Guys just to let you all know I have the standard TRS19 edition installed and all working perfect with no missing or file errors. Fantastic route with really good FPS. I am running the base session onboard the Amtrak. Any idea how long it will take from start to finish. I suspect I am going to have leg cramp when I finish this one.

Going from end to end will probably take 6-7 hours, give or take...

Neil, Great Job!!!!

All, I am having trouble downloading the route from the Download Station, could someone please give me how to go about this in detail?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

Perhaps the first thing to ask is whether you have a FirstClassTicket for the dls. You will definitely need it, as there are 1000's of assets to download.
Otherwise, if you could describe what problems you're having, hopefully we can get it sorted out.

Neil,

Can you tell me what build it is (4.6 or 4.7)
Also what does the funny character look like??

I still have not found the route.....

Dave

Neil,

Can you tell me what build it is (4.6 or 4.7)
Also what does the funny character look like??

I still have not found the route.....

Dave

I did a search for umr2021 on the download station link at the top of this page, and it does show that it's there. The title for some reason shows: UMR2021, but with a little square at the front. Weird.
I just checked the config of the route, and it shows build 4.7.

Last edited:
Back