UMR2021

Problem solved !
kuid 95512 100408 BN LO #440181 missed a (not to find, payware?) bogey,
I replaced it with bogey <kuid2:45324:50203:9> not sure if its close, but it works.
The whole train is out of the lake now on the place where it should be and the session is working
phew ;-)

A question on altering the Base session. I removed one consist and replaced it with one of my own, keeping everything else the same and saved it. The saved session is now flagged as faulty for a missing thumbnail. If I save the base session un altered, or create a new blank session, the saves generate their own thumbnail with the save.

I have run into this problem also. To fix it I go into the config file and change the thumbnail to "UMR2021.PNG". This fixes it until the next save.

Not sure why this is happening however.

I too had the same problem. Not sure if it has something to do with the fact that I cloned an older one. I've never had the problem in the past, so I'm guessing it's a bug of some sort. Paul's solution is exactly the same thing that I do. Not sure why it keeps reverting to the old thumbnail.

Similar to the above question, if we change the map KUID on earlier UMR sessions, is therre anything that would keep them from working?

I believe Trainz does not like PNG files. I edited the PNG file and changed it to a JPG and edited the config to make the thumbnail a JPG and all is well.

I'll see if I can come up with a JPG pic instead, and re-issue (again) the base session. Hopefully that will solve this problem. Thanks RJ!

Similar to the above question, if we change the map KUID on earlier UMR sessions, is therre anything that would keep them from working?

They MAY work, depending on what has changed in the latest version of the route. If trackmarks have been removed or renamed, the sessions will likely not work. All I could suggest is to try it out, and see what happens. Maybe we'll get lucky!

Installed the base session, though it feels a little barebones for a route that's famous for its sheer length. Are there trains emitted at regular intervals like in the CRM routes, or is it just the Rocky Mountaineer and a random BNSF freight?

The base session is intended for the user to add their own rolling stock. In the past, it was basically to set up the industries, as they used to be tied to the session, and not the route itself. Now the base session is just used as a starting point. The few random trains are just a bit of eye-candy.

Finally installed this route after buying TRS19 Platinum Edition, so I figured I'd have all the dependencies. However, just over 100 assets are still showing as missing. I'm guessing this is because I haven't downloaded all the additional content that comes with Platinum Edition yet?
[FONT=&quot]
Yu2d0vV.png
[/FONT]

Neil, I fixed the super elevations that were 45 degrees. The values were 47,000 and 33,000. If you have not done any more would you like to take this version and do something to it to get your kuid in it???

I appreciate the offer, but I've been working on this route for the last 6 months, so there are a lot of updates already done. I'm still not sure why you were seeing all those track distortions - I haven't heard of anyone else who experienced the same thing. Anyway, I adjusted the values where you said you were having the issues, so hopefully they're fixed now.

If you want to pm me your email address, I can send you the WIP version of UMR2022. I'll just have to remember to create a new version with a different KUID, as it's still the same one as UMR2021.

Finally installed this route after buying TRS19 Platinum Edition, so I figured I'd have all the dependencies. However, just over 100 assets are still showing as missing. I'm guessing this is because I haven't downloaded all the additional content that comes with Platinum Edition yet?
Yu2d0vV.png
That should be correct. Hopefully in ContentManager, it'll show they're available for download. Sometimes assets seem to be "hidden" in other routes, so downloading other included routes may solve the problem as well. A FirstClassTicket is suggested for the DownloadStation. Otherwise, you could be downloading for days or weeks!

Back