Spline points in TRS19SP2

G.M.

This a railyard east of Amsterdam central called Dijksgracht
it was made in TRS19-SP1 on a google template and was like within half a meter exact
used only buildin procedural track.
spagetti.jpg

This is how it looks in SP2, we dutch people really like spagetti,
but not when using Trainz, using mild words, I am NOT AMUSED.
What has changed from SP1 to SP2 about spline points? was it wrong in SP1 or now in SP2?
And this is not the only spline issue, caternary often totally out of alignment.
Since its a 5000+ baseboard route almost 80% of my country, you sure keep me busy
any tips to fix these issues?

have a better 2021
greetings GM

Track straightening has gone awry somewhere along the line. I take it you backed up both your route and Trainz installation before upgrading? I have never encountered this before, however, I would load your backup copy again after performing an extended database repair or continue building in SP1 if possible. Not a good idea to build in a new version until you are satisfied with its stability.
Cheers
Graeme

I've seen a case some time ago on where a curve had straitened itself out however it was a single track with a disconnected spline point, was DLC so there was an update to fix it.

And curiously marky7890's new Cornwall Railways has a disconnected spline point at Par station.

That looks a bit more serious though, looks like the track may have become attached to the catenary spline points?

TY for reply guys

The weird thing is i have not used straightning much, since the railyard is in a large curve
only things i editted/added in SP1 are affected.. phew
Splines are connected fine, i could even laugh about the zigzagging trains
Have caternary on a seperate layer mostly, same for my google baseboards and a layer for large stations(to remove roofs etc.)
Cant go back to SP1, made a full backup of SP1 but cant get it to work anymore.

Somehow i consider (but that should not be right) to reinstall the original TRS19(if that is even possible)
for some reason it worked best for me.
could replace splines(like sp2 fixed), Undo easy to find, more neutral mainroute etc etc.
I like updates and progress but it looks more like (unneeded)work than hobby atm.
But, allready happy all my "primitive" *cough* gmax trains still work :)

Can't work cause the pandemic?, just do Trainz !
greetings GM

I mentioned a few days ago the straightening tool is not working correctly and it is not always possible to tell whether you have actually applied it correctly to a section of track. Looks like the problem could be more serious than that. Just one reason why I'm now back in TANE doing route building and using the Russian fixed track points so at least I know the junctions aren't kinked, if I eventually bring it over to T19.

Back