I need some help finding a piece of rolling stock based on commodity

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I need some help finding a piece of rolling stock using a certain commodity

I need help finding a piece of rolling stock that uses winnaa's 'Marble Blocks', <kuid2:81150:90:2>. I need it because of how MSGsapper's BI3 system works. In order for the BI3 system to load or unload a product, it must point to a piece of rolling stock on the route that requires the product. This rolling stock can be on a siding in a yard, hidden behind some trees, or in a staging yard hidden behind a wall. Can I get some help finding a piece of rolling stock that uses this product? I need it as I downloaded The Backshops' Georgia Northeastern Model Railroadz and I'm using the BI3 industry to make the industries industry-interactive and two of the industries produce marble-related products.

Last edited:
I just configured a 50ft Boxcar in the same commodity line as General Goods, and it accepted that and the industry unloaded. There isn't a particular rolling stock in my install that has the marble block built in.

So I would think you would configure all the rolling stock you would want to use. It's an invisible product; when I loaded it onto a flat car it indicated loaded and unloaded at the industry, but no visual except for the Commodity indicators.

Content Manager can show Dependents when you right-click on any Commodity, and I try to match up with similar loads that are built in to the freight cars (general goods, pallets, pipe lengths, etc). If you load them in Surveyor, you can usually see if it works.

I just configured a 50ft Boxcar in the same commodity line as General Goods, and it accepted that and the industry unloaded. There isn't a particular rolling stock in my install that has the marble block built in.

So I would think you would configure all the rolling stock you would want to use. It's an invisible product; when I loaded it onto a flat car it indicated loaded and unloaded at the industry, but no visual except for the Commodity indicators.

Content Manager can show Dependents when you right-click on any Commodity, and I try to match up with similar loads that are built in to the freight cars (general goods, pallets, pipe lengths, etc). If you load them in Surveyor, you can usually see if it works.

Here's the problem: The industry on the model railroad, which was featured in Model Railroad Planning 2016, uses covered hoppers. So what I do with the BI3 industry is under the 'Products' Tab, I go to select a vehicle for 'Marble Blocks', I select 'Hopper Covered ACF 5810 cu ft UNPX DES 4', and a window pops up that says 'This traincar has no queues compatible with this industry. Check the traincar properties to view it's supported products'. So I need a piece of rolling stock that hases 'Marble Blocks' in its queue.

So the MSGSapper BI3 has Marble BLocks on Pallets as one the choices, not the Winaa Marble blocks, but regardless those are both items that I couldn't get to load in any covered hoppers in my install, they only load 'litres' not 'items.'

regards,

Blabsky

So the MSGSapper BI3 has Marble BLocks on Pallets as one the choices, not the Winaa Marble blocks, but regardless those are both items that I couldn't get to load in any covered hoppers in my install, they only load 'litres' not 'items.'

regards,

Blabsky

I'm using '412_BI3_Template', <kuid:289739:100473>, which is my own version of MSGsapper's BI3 industries, but with all the included products removed. Think of it like a Multiple Industry New but with BI3 capabilities. It's also on the DLS.

Jordon, I'm well aware of your fine work and actually used the 412 Template in the first test.

RbO3PZe.jpg
[/IMG]

Can any covered hopper load Items like General Goods or Lumber, or are they only bulk-litres capable?

Jordon, I'm well aware of your fine work and actually used the 412 Template in the first test.

RbO3PZe.jpg
[/IMG]

Can any covered hopper load Items like General Goods or Lumber, or are they only bulk-litres capable?

I don't know. I've never tried. Look, we're getting away from the point of this thread, I'm looking for a piece of rolling stock who has in its queue 'Marble Block', <kuid2:81150:90:2>. Can I get some help finding it?

Last edited:
Back