What is the name of the coloured ties?

Chris750

I have noted that some sidings have a coloured tie/sleeper showing the closest any car should be spotted to another line, does this coloured sleeper have a name? Right now I am using MARKER put out by Auran (Kuid2:209206:2:1) which is a white stripe and rather large but it does work, sort of. I would like to get the correct asset if anyone could provide a name, or better yet kuid.

Thanks.

Look for "fouling point" marker, indicator or ??

[edit] Unfortunately I find only "Foul Pole 1", a trackside marker probably for the same purpose. Your solution is as good as it gets.

:B~)

Last edited:
Ah, fouling point, have never heard of that term before, thank you for your informative reply. I could probably then make a sleeper sized one to go over a tie in sketchup, it would be very easy.

Ah, fouling point, have never heard of that term before, thank you for your informative reply. I could probably then make a sleeper sized one to go over a tie in sketchup, it would be very easy.

More power to you! Not my cup of tea. But yes, do, and upload it for the rest of us!

"clearance yellow paint" is a asset you might be looking for...<kuid2:386914:40002:1>

Ah, thank you very much. It isn't exactly like I have seen the ones I have seen on a UT video actually had painted ties, but until I get into sketchup to make it this will do.

Last edited:
You cannot call them coloured ties, they are “ties of colour.”

Hi Deane...:)..just an FYI. According to the latest copy I have of the monthly magazine put out by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineer's Union, it is now OK to refer to them as colored ties again. ....something to do with CTM. I know....it's hard to keep up on this stuff.

Hi Deane...:)..just an FYI. According to the latest copy I have of the monthly magazine put out by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineer's Union, it is now OK to refer to them as colored ties again. ....something to do with CTM. I know....it's hard to keep up on this stuff.

Don't forget, Black Ties Matter!

<sorry>

Back