Previewpass:sc450

Chris750

Wasn't sure what exactly this was so installed it, from what was downloaded it appears to just be a huge amount of old outdated content, majority being 3.3 and earlier. Now, since TRS19 gives warnings that content before 3.7 is no longer supported why (oh why) is TRS downloading all this old stuff, I mean 1.3? As soon as I reviewed what was downloaded I deleted the sc450, no where could I find out what exactly it is for or suppose to do besides installing 3gb+ of old content.:(

The version warning has nothing to do with inability to use these assets. That's for developers to create only new assets. The backward compatibility is still there for older assets in the runtime.

I always thought that was an error, especially since it always seems to follow with a broken asset. Still, it has been a long time since 1.3 was around, what was it for, trainz 2004?

Thanks.

I've been looking at Cornish Main & Branch lines, some of the content (eg GWR semaphore signals) is from version 1.3 ie Trainz...
As it's "payware", it's locked and part of a "payware" route so only N3V can modernise the route/session without everyone creating their own versions.

It would be really useful if the old assets could be flagged as "old" in surveyor
Colin

Previewpass:sc450 is also included with TRS19 Platinum, it contains assets for the Midwestern Branch route

But are you Gold member? Preview Pass info says this:
The Preview Pass is exclusively available to our Gold Class Members and provides access to all new DLC items before they become available on the Trainz Store.

It's on this page under the "Preview Pass" info: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

That same page shows Preview Pass for Gold Members but not Platinum. So according that that - it would only be available to Platinum owners only if you have a Gold subscription.

I wish they would Name these things "SP2 Platinum" "SP2 Plus" "SP2 Silver" "SP2 Gold" as there is no "version indicator" when showing "Platinum" or "Gold" names only.

But are you Gold member? Preview Pass info says this:
The Preview Pass is exclusively available to our Gold Class Members and provides access to all new DLC items before they become available on the Trainz Store.

It's on this page under the "Preview Pass" info: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

That same page shows Preview Pass for Gold Members but not Platinum. So according that that - it would only be available to Platinum owners only if you have a Gold subscription.

I have 2019 Platinum , am not a subscriber and had sc450, among other Preview Pass items install . Most showed an error, but then clicking "Retry" cleared that away and everything installed fine.

No I am not gold, the sc450 was included with the platinum pack; it does nothing for me except take up SSD space which is why I removed it.

I also am Platinum, but got this same issue. It appears SC450 is connected to the Midwestern Route in addition to the Preview Pass, and I think that is what is causing an issue. SP2 doesn't know what to install.

You know, I really like Trainz, I tried the others but Trainz is my go too, but geez they have a lot of problems that never seem to be resolved. I think the only reason it does so well is most people just build routes?

But are you Gold member? Preview Pass info says this: ...

The package Previewpass:sc450 is an asset package, has nothing to do with your Gold Preview Pass, it just has a similar name.

I also am Platinum, but got this same issue. It appears SC450 is connected to the Midwestern Route in addition to the Preview Pass, and I think that is what is causing an issue. SP2 doesn't know what to install.

If you update the Midwestern Branch it will trigger an update for SC450, if you update SC450, it will trigger an update for Midwestern Branch. It will continue in an endless loop if you continue to try to update them. I left the route Midwestern Branch needing to be updated until the problem is fixed, I figure the asset pack was more important.

I had been away from Trainz for a number of years. I gave upon it way back at the 2006 version because graphics cartoon-ish and weren't improving, content creation/management was troublesome and a person couldn't get decent, reliable downloads without resorting to buying an FCT. I had better things to throw money at. Just after Christmas I took another look and thought things looked like they might have improved after 14 years so decided to go for TRS19 Platinum.

Tried to update the Midwestern Branch route followed by an install and update of the cryptically named "previewpass:sc450". Had to go searching for info on this previewpass:sc450 was all about and found this thread. I understand now that I'm experiencing this endless loop as well.

I guess I was taken in again and my recollection of Trainz being poorly coded and a money grab is reinforced. I've committed funds though so I'm going to give it a few more weeks before I delete from my system and say never again.

I never installed the Midwestern route so when I installed previewpass it just downloaded 3.6gb of junk which I was able to delete. Have you tried first installing previewpass and then the route? Just kicking tires.

Wow - two guys from Vancouver Island! Boil water advisory here...must be raining.

I understand that an updated Midwestern Branch is going through rounds of TCCP beta testing. If you want to help test routes for better operation you can join TCCP and beta test routes and sessions. The first post in the barely used TCCP forum contains this link:
https://info.trainzsimulator.com/tccp

I might give removing the route and installing sc450 first a try just for. I have a some catching up to do on how much TRS19 differs from the older versions that I remember. Will post if that is successful.

Lot's of rain but no boil advisory here on the south island.

Stew

I wouldn't bother touching the SC450 if you've installed the Midwestern Branch. SC450 is the Midwestern Branch. That's the problem with downloading the preview and the route.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SC450.jpg
    SC450.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 82
We've updated the resources for these items and all should be working correctly now - please advise if not.

I have 2019 Platinum , am not a subscriber and had sc450, among other Preview Pass items install . Most showed an error, but then clicking "Retry" cleared that away and everything installed fine.

I have Platinum and the sc450 updates do not install. The error is that some of the content is missing. Since I don't like the out of the box version of sc450 and have created my own clone copy, I'm okay with that.

Back