Couple of questions

Krish

Hi all,

Long time viewer of the forum and had a few different trainz games.

After searching I couldn't find a clear answer so hopefully a few of you can point me in the right direction.

1) Is it possible to have one engine pull another as dead weight? e.g one engine was pulling a train and broke down so another engine comes along to recover it.

2) How does double heading / banking work? If its 2 engines of the same class then I assume there is no issue? But if they are from 2 different classes then does it effect anything? Can I control both engines independently?

3) Is there a thread on here for good UK routes / content that can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi!

1) it's posible to have 2 engines connected, however:-
a) both engines will be active - unless one of them is designed as a "traincar" (IIRC) - nor a locomotive. That's possibly goig to require some editing.
b) Double heading - just do it! you'll only control 1 loco. Look at the Mojahave sub division sessions.

2) Good UK routes:-
Cornish Mainline; ECML;

There are less than there should be, but a number of creators are using TANE rather than TS19 (for good reasons) and you can import the routes/session - you may need to tweak them for TS19

Colin

Also be aware that many if not most, of the UK routes on the DLS use payware assets from Settle and Carlisle (S&C), the Potteries Loop Line (PLL) or both. Both of these are payware, Settle and Carlisle is available from The Trainz Store. Just a head's up to avoid the frustration....

I've done this once with a diesel switcher that was being replaced at the end of a branch. It was Rick Beaber's MILW SW 7 #623. It was needed for a session that was being uploaded and he graciously gave permission to upload it to the DLS. I do not see it there now, probably because it was build 1.5. (The original still runs in T:ANE.)

If memory serves, the necessary mods were to eliminate the enginespec and interior (including the KUID Table entries) and change the type to "Traincar." Indeed it made a very heavy load and the GP9 taking it away with the regular consist had to work on the steeper grades.

:B~)

Also be aware that many if not most, of the UK routes on the DLS use payware assets from Settle and Carlisle (S&C), the Potteries Loop Line (PLL) or both. Both of these are payware, Settle and Carlisle is available from The Trainz Store. Just a head's up to avoid the frustration....

Thanks, I've got the uk bundle so I have S&C. Are there any UK routes you'd recommend?

Hi!

1) it's posible to have 2 engines connected, however:-
a) both engines will be active - unless one of them is designed as a "traincar" (IIRC) - nor a locomotive. That's possibly goig to require some editing.
b) Double heading - just do it! you'll only control 1 loco. Look at the Mojahave sub division sessions.

2) Good UK routes:-
Cornish Mainline; ECML;

There are less than there should be, but a number of creators are using TANE rather than TS19 (for good reasons) and you can import the routes/session - you may need to tweak them for TS19

Colin

Thanks, I have both of those routes you recommended, anymore?

Back