Pre-Patch Preparation?

Unless you're doing a patch on a clean new install back everything up first to an external hard drive.

Garlic and holy water might be useful too.

Seriously, - on a clean new install I had no problems at all, but with an existing install full of treasured routes and assets do a back up first.

I made a wrap from recycled brown paper bags soaked in garlic juice and wrapped my computer in it for 24 hours before attempting the upgrade. ;)

Fresh installs as Annie says have few issues, however, once installed and the initial DBR is done, go to the Content Store and download every bit of anything new offered. There are many updates to existing DLC and without the updates you'll have many, many missing dependencies. If you have installed your content on a regular hard drive, I also recommend defragging the drive after installing. There's a lot of disk thrashing and rearranging that impacts the performance after the update.

Thank you, gentle peoples, for the response. I'll do the fresh install. And just call me "Back-up" Blabsky, it is a general habit.

Now to carve some time out to drag some rails and a wheel barrow full of ballast in from the yard. Already have a stack of ties (sleepers) in the living room.

!:^)

Back