Steam DLC's with non-Steam T:ANE

Stoneshield

I have T:ANE that I bought directly from N3V a few years ago. I also have leftover cash from a Steam gift card. Today I saw that Steam is having a sale on DLC's for it's version of T:ANE.

My question: Are the DLC's sold through Steam compatible with the direct from N3V version of the game?

Thank you for your time.

No, they are not. You'll need to own the Steam version of TANE in order to download and install any Steam DLC's for the game.
You'll need to either buy the Steam version, or request N3V to either add the non-Steam DLC's onto your mytrainz account, or see if they'll give you a Steam version of TANE.

Below is the table to tell you what you can and can't install.

You can:
- Install Steam DLC's into Steam versions of Trainz
- Install N3V DLC's into Steam versions of TANE

You can't :
- Install Steam DLC's into N3V's version of Trainz

Cheers

That is what I thought was the case. Thank you for giving the confirmation so quickly.
I see that similar sale is going on right now on "Trainz Store." Time to beg "The Wife" for some of my paycheck back!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Your welcome; yep there is the same sale happening on the Trainz Store right now, and some items are cheaper than on Steam.

Have a good and safe Merry Christmas.

Cheers

How do we do this?

No, they are not. You'll need to own the Steam version of TANE in order to download and install any Steam DLC's for the game.
You'll need to either buy the Steam version, or request N3V to either add the non-Steam DLC's onto your mytrainz account, or see if they'll give you a Steam version of TANE.

Below is the table to tell you what you can and can't install.

You can:
- Install Steam DLC's into Steam versions of Trainz
- Install N3V DLC's into Steam versions of TANE

You can't :
- Install Steam DLC's into N3V's version of Trainz

Cheers

How does one install their N3V/Auron DLC' into Steam? I'm looking around for instructions, but no luck. They're no showing up as purchased in game.

You can contact the helpdesk using the link at the top of the page and once they verify the purchase through Steam, they can if they wish and feel like doing it, add the Steam DLC to your account which allows you to download it in game the same has DLC purchased from N3V.

William

As long as the username you used when buying it is the same as the one you use to play the game it should be available in game. In your case that is mduncan50. If it isn't offered contact the helpdesk.

William

Hi All
So long as you enter your MyTrainz account's username and password into the settings in Trainz, you will be able to access the DLC packs in the Steam version of Trainz.

For TRS19, these will show under 'purchased' in the Content Store for download. Note that due to the way that Steam handles DLCs, the versions from the Trainz Store will show under their ID number (ie 'simc:scXXX' or 'simc:XXX'), rather than their names. You can find a listing of DLC pack IDs here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

Regards

I'm seeing all my DLC whether I bought it from N3V or Steam show up as full descriptions in the content store of my N3V purchased TRS2019 Platinum. An example would be the Nickel Plate High Speed Freight Set which was purchased through Steam for the Steam Version of TANE. So this is exactly the way it should be, seamless.

Thanks
William

Back