Compass keeps on getting stuck in TANE.

This issue has plagued me ever since I have bought TANE. In Surveyor, the compass will sometimes get stuck in place. It gets really irritating when I am building a route and my compass gets stuck and then I will have to save and leave the route, then edit my route again. This has never happened to me in TRS2019. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I have also noticed sometimes I can unlock my compass by putting a track or spline down. But sometimes the compass gets hard locked and I will have to leave the route then re enter it.

Last edited:
Do you have a wireless mouse?

Low batteries or interference can be an issue. I noticed that with a lot of mousing, the devices aren't as reliable as old-fashioned wired mice.

I have a wireless mouse, but it seems like it's a TANE issue rather than a mouse issue. As this issue sometimes happened on my old computer.

Is it stuck, or just not going where you right-click? I notice in TRS19 that sometimes it just won't go places and I have to right-click around to find someplace nearby where it will go. Rights of way seem particularly bad, so I have to find a patch of grass or something nearby. Never understood why, but it definitely acts that way.

This an infrequent and transient issue on my system. Usually repeated right clicks and some choice language free it up....

:B~)

Back