Deletion Of Out-Of-Date Assets?

boleyd

I have 16000 assets loaded that are between 1.1 and 2.4 Builds. Are these in jeopardy of being removed due to incompatibility with a new or fixed feature(s). Should I begin removal, and if needed replacement, now to avoid a series of Missing Assets colorful boxes in some routes?

I would not delete anything unless it says "Obsolete". I have the latest TRS2019 Platinum SP2, and I have version 1.3 and 1.5 assets that are "base" and "built-in". No one should throw anything out if it is still usable and looks good. Not making the argument that all of those old assets necessarily look as good as they should, but until they get updated, they are what they are.

Last edited:
You can't delete any of the built-in assets, but they can be replaced by newer ones off the DLS. The built-in and DLC assets are held inside the package files and are referenced in the program, but don't really exist. The updates from the DLS will supersede these, however, the original old ones are still there.

To help remove the confusion for myself, I've created a simple filter called Obsolete and NOT built-in.

The setup is as follows:

Installed True
Obsolete True
Built-in False (this covers the DLC as well.)

To help manage updates, I have created a related filer I call Out-of-Date setup as:

Installed True
Out of date True.

I run this one first and download the updates then I delete the obsolete downloaded assets afterwards.

After that's completed, I then download anything new if there's stuff available.

Back