RVSX Vegetation Control Train

old_bill

Hi Trainzland.

Has anybody out there recently purchased a copy of the 'RVSX Vegetation Control Train' from Trainz and did you encounter any problems getting it to download?

I purchased a copy during the last sale but I am unable to get it to download or partially, even though I have had contact with Trainz.

I am reluctant to buy another copy from Jointed Rail as I think I would be throwing good money after bad!

I Wish you and yours 'A Happy Christmas' and a 'Peaceful (Virus Free) New Year.

Old Bill
Tane SP4 Build 105766
Added 29th December 20

My thanks to everyone who took time to read this thread.

I am aware that I had previously posted a similar thread, but I really just want to know if anyone else has had the same problem downloading and installing the RVSX Vegetation Control Train purchased from Trainz (not Jointed Rail) during the recent Black Friday sale?

Surely I could not have been the only one who could not resist a bargain offer in the AURAN/NV3 SALE offer. (OMG, perhaps I was!)

My Thanks, to forrester1, thenelm1, HPL and KingConrail76 for their inputs, followed but I still do not have a working download!

So far I have discovered that the size of the download should be aprox. 59.7Mb, I only receive 55.7Mb, the the author is shown as AURAN and that it could consist of up to three packs, I can only access one, which the help desk assure me is correct.

I am trying to establish if the fault lies with the download from NV3 or if I have a problem with my Tane installation.

The Trainz help desk are very helpful but do not seem to be getting anywhere. I do not want to any more of their or my time trying to clear this matter up!

Note - I have been treated to TRS19 for Christmas - Following my Download I am advised that the checksum does not match and I can't install - so I will have to find out why when things are back to normal. Oh Joy!

Happy 2021 everyone!

old_bill

Last edited:
I think I saw another post about this. If I find it I will link it....

Edit: Here it is, I hope it helps, there is no end resolution, but a suggestion here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161661-Last-Black-Friday-Sale-Mishaps

Ironicly, or not, the link you posted, is the OPS own question about the same issue ... lol

Bill, I would check your Email, and go to your Jointed Rail Dash-Board and compare the links .. You may just have to re-download from an alternate link (This is assuming, from your wording, that you purchased from JR, and not from N3V site).

I think the reason for this problem was my trying to get something 'on the cheap' during the sales - having received the following from the Help Desk, We have both finally given up,

...// Unfortunately it does appear that something is interfering with the download of this DLCD pack. If you have still not been able to complete the download and installation of this DLC pack //... Along with an offer to have an alternative download of a similar value!

I would still like to know of anyone else had the same problem or is it my system is at fault!

Thanks for looking

old_bill

I would try downloading other FREE items to see what happens. You can remove them should they succeed. Download something worthless from an other site and toss it. Right now the

Back